Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straczynski confirms new B5

Straczynski confirms new B5

Straczynski confirms new Babylon 5 is in the works

Forgive the repeat if this has been posted before.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

This might not be a bad thing as long as JMS doesn't insist on writing everything himself.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Capt Daniel Hunter
    This might not be a bad thing as long as JMS doesn't insist on writing everything himself.
    Yeh.

Otherwise it and everthing else will go "straight to Hell". Or come "straight from Hell".

Or generally be Hellish.

Still - I hoping for more of Tracy Scoggins. Because as sad as it sounds I thought she was pretty good looking.

But thats just me.
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Originally posted by JonA
    Yeh.

Otherwise it and everthing else will go "straight to Hell". Or come "straight from Hell".

Or generally be Hellish.

Still - I hoping for more of Tracy Scoggins. Because as sad as it sounds I thought she was pretty good looking.

But thats just me.
    Yeah, sure she's all eye candy. That's the problem with her. She looks real good, but couldn't act her way out of a 7 11. If you want to go for good looks also go with ability.

Cool

AFAIC, Tracy Scoggin is a better actress than Pamela Anderson.

Then again, I'm just a dirty old man, having seen her in Dynasty ... or was it the Colby?
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by Phantom
    Yeah, sure she's all eye candy. That's the problem with her. She looks real good, but couldn't act her way out of a 7 11. If you want to go for good looks also go with ability.
    Well, she had the necessary gravitas when it was revealed that Lockley (sp?) was an alcoholic.

As for the va-va-va-voom factor, that's certainly there and she's aware of it. Remember the episode when someone ordered a love-slave simulacrum of Lockley ? There was actually a publicity still for that ep with Scoggins wearing the lingerie. . . and I have an autographed copy of it.

Question

Just out of curiosity, but what's wrong with JMS's writing? AFAIC, he's a good writer when B5 was on her syndicated run, but everything went downhill when he moved from syndication to a cable network and the "suits" started to inject their suggestions.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Um...all the good stuff was JMS and his wife writing it. Season 2-5. 1 was the crappy season and had a bunch of guys writing the eps.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by qerlin
    Um...all the good stuff was JMS and his wife writing it. Season 2-5. 1 was the crappy season and had a bunch of guys writing the eps.
    Yeah, S1 wasn't the best.

But, then again I think S5 was the worse season in the series, and was nothing more then a mass illusion. AFAIC the series ended with S4.

Originally posted by REG
    AFAIC, Tracy Scoggin is a better actress than Pamela Anderson.

Then again, I'm just a dirty old man, having seen her in Dynasty ... or was it the Colby?
    I'm glad it's not just me.

We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Season five was just tacked on after TNT started the B5 series on there network.
    Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug.

Much closure was done in season 4, when it looked very much like there would be no season 5. What happens in season 5 isn't an afterthought; that was stuff JMS was planning to cover, but had to cut to finish the existing storylines. However, because of the way things unfolded, season 5 has a much more partitioned feel to it.

Saying that Scoggins is a better actor than Pamela Anderson is damning her with faint praise, IMO. I think she did an adequate job, not spectacular, but definitely watchable, especially when combined with the eye candy.

Originally posted by ME
    . . . Remember the episode when someone ordered a love-slave simulacrum of Lockley ? There was actually a publicity still for that ep with Scoggins wearing the lingerie. . . and I have an autographed copy of it.
    BTW, although I got mine at a convention, I just found that you can get an autographed copy of that still at Tracy Scoggins official web site. There's a pic if you want to see it. (And, trust me, you do want to see it. )

Tracy Scoggins is merely the final corner of the "B5 Square of Utter & Perfect Babeness" formed by her, Marjorie Monaghan, Patricia Tallman and Claudia Christian. Accept no substitutes.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Cool

Originally posted by RaconteurX

Tracy Scoggins is merely the final corner of the "B5 Square of Utter & Perfect Babeness" formed by her, Marjorie Monaghan, Patricia Tallman and Claudia Christian. Accept no substitutes.

I am shocked! Now what is wrong with Tamlyn Tomita, who appeared in the very first B5 episode, which was actually the pilot movie? How dare you forget her?

And what about Delenn herself, Mira Furlan? And blonde-haired Andrea Thompson (who went from Psi-Corp to Blue to news anchor)? Did you also forget the sexy Narn played by Julie Caitlin Brown?

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan