Thread: [Coda SS] Klingon D-26 "General K'murn"

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)

[Coda SS] Klingon D-26 "General K'murn"

D-26 General K'murn-class Specifications

Production Data
    Origin: Klingon Empire
    Class and Type: D-26 General K'murn-class "Scout" (Light) Cruiser
    Year Launched: 2306

Hull Data
    Structure: 25
    Size/Decks: 5/11 decks
    Length/Beam/Height: 220/191/45 meters
    Complement: 187

Operational Data
    Atmospheric Systems: Yes
    Cargo: 50
    Cloaking Device: None
    Life Support System: Class 3 (D)
    Operations System: Class 3 (D)
    Sesnors: Class 3a (+3/CC)
    Seperation System: No
    Shuttlebay: None
    Shuttlecraft: n/a
    Tractor Beams: 1va
    Transporters: 2 standard, 2 cargo, 2 emergency

Propulsion Data
    Impulse System: K-HEU-5 (.8c) (C)
    Warp System: STN5 (wf 6/8/10) (OCU) (D)

Tactical Data
    Disruptor Banks: K-GDM-4 (x4/C)
    Penetration: 4/4/4/0/0
    Photon Torpedoes: KP-8 "Twin Fire" (x2/C)
    Penetration: 5/5/5/5/5
    Deflector Shield: CIDSS-2 (B)
    Protection/Threshold: 14/4

Miscellaneous Data
    Maneuvering: +1C +2H +1T
    Traits: Prototype (Shields: -2 reliability)

Named for a great commander of the Romulan conflicts, the D-26 General K'murn represents the Klingon's first new vessel following the Khitomer Accords.

Designed during the short time of peace under Chancellor Azetbur's rule, the atmosphere-capable D-26 foregoes the cloaking device in favor of the new "Twin Fire" version of the KP-8 torpedo system.

The Twin Fire is, effectively, two-fully functional torpedo bays tied into the standard oversized launch tube. Complex machinery allows torpedoes to be fired in close succession to improve damage upon impact. The dual internal system also conceals the ship's strength; most enemies do not expect such a rapid-fire capability in a smaller vessel.

The D-26 served with distinction for nearly 20 years, but were quickly replaced by the B'rel upgrades of the 2320s. A few modified D-26s can still be seen flying in some house navies.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Thumbs up

Good work Tyger,

I could definitely see the D-26 as being able to fight a (movie-era) Excselsior on equal terms. Very nicely rounded, she is.
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Thumbs up

Cool ship! I have found size 5 to be some of the hardest ships to design. SO much to put it but so little space

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Snake, I don't know if the D-26 can go "mano y mano" against an Excelsior. The main advantages the NX-2000 has over the D-26 are beam penetration, warp speed and structure. Now, the D-26 may be able to keep outside the Excelsior's phaser range at impulse speeds, but even with equivalent torpedo penetration ratings, I'd say that the Excelsior would just outlast the D-26 7 times out of 10.

Now, a pair of D-26's ambushing an Excelsior....

IG, I understand what you mean...it seems really easy to fall into the trap of trying to make a size 5 ship bigger than it really is. I had to forgo a cloaking device and extra structure to get the other systems in, and I broke my own rule about leaving extra space for Movie era ships. The D-26 used the full 65 space as it was.

Ideally, I wanted to add at least 5 structure (it is a Klingon ship, after all ) and a small cloaking device (probably a Class 2), but that would force me to find 11 space elsewhere, and that just wasn't acceptable.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz