Thread: Over 4O goofs in Return of the King

Over 4O goofs in Return of the King

I haven't seen the film yet, so I guess I'll have to take their word on this:

Over 4O goofs in Return of the King
    http://www.moviemistakes.com/film2746

Anyone else here think it's unreasonable to expect Sean Austin to get his tears to follow the exact same tracks in every take?

I suppose some people just get a lot of enjoyment picking out tiny little nits. But if so, why don't they just go to a really awful movie with hundreds and hundreds of mistakes in it?

-Chris Landmark
    "Was entstanden ist, das muss vergehen. Was vergangen, auferstehn." -Klopstock & Mahler

"Only liberals really think. Only liberals are intellectual. Only liberals understand the needs of their fellows." How much viciousness lay concealed in that word! Odrade thought. How much secret ego demanding to feel superior. - Heretics of Dune

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    Anyone else here think it's unreasonable to expect Sean Austin to get his tears to follow the exact same tracks in every take?

I suppose some people just get a lot of enjoyment picking out tiny little nits. But if so, why don't they just go to a really awful movie with hundreds and hundreds of mistakes in it?

-Chris Landmark
    Like, say, Titanic.

We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by JonA
    Like, say, Titanic.

You actually watched that? eeeeewwwwww
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Chris Landmark
    Because then nobody would care enough to listen to the little wankers complain, and they wouldn't get any attention to make of for the sorry state of their nonexistent lives.

(From this, you can probably deduce my feelings about the "Continuity Police," eh?)

Actually, that's not quite fair... it CAN be fun going through a movie or show after you've watched it, looking for production goofs (hey! the camera's reflected in the glass vase!).

But it should be done for fun, not as a basis for endless, really rather tedious grousing.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    This is the kind of shit that is destroying Star Trek.
    The man has a point you know.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Talking

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    You actually watched that? eeeeewwwwww
    Only for Kate Winslett in the buff.

What a waste of time!

Yours,

The Office Gremlins