Thread: Alpha Centauri during Enterprise

Alpha Centauri during Enterprise

What about Alpha Centauri during enterprise timeframe ?

Maybe a closely related human race ?

The first idea for Alpha Centauri I had was the star system has two class m worlds . One is the Alpha Centaurian race . The other world is explored by Alpha Centaurian , but nevered coloniized by them .

Atfer warp drive is deleveloped by humans of Earth , the two system agreed to colony to be set up by earth humans as token of freindship.

Alpha Centauri humans tech level is just above the 20th centuary level .

The main different between the human race is the Alpha Centaurian never had major war in their history.

The Vuclan Hi command never contacted Alpha Centauri homeworld is because of no Faster then Light ships and all radio broadcast reveiled a very peaceful , one world goverment and most of all no threat to Vulcan .

This lead to an other theory of mine , Vulcan are exploring space of fear and not the longing of knowledge . In the Enterprise time frame they seem to carry a big club .

Actually, Enterprise has established that Alpha Centauri was the first out-system human colony. It's only mentioned once however, and in passing, at that, so its easy to miss.

I simply adapt the Centauran background, to say they were colonized via sleeper and generational ships and when they arrived, they established a utopian society which became the Centaurans of the RPG universe.

It requires a bit of revising of both canon (ie Enterprise) and the RPG, but it allows everything to mesh with a minimum of fuss.
    Vash: They weren't exactly thrilled to see you on Brax. What was it they called you? "God of Lies?"

Q: They meant it affectionately.

Q-Less, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

In our now-defunct Artemis campaign, the Centaurans are definitely a separate species. Their homeworld, Tashtan (Alpha Centauri A IV), is a large, low-density world, low in metals but rich in crystals (including massive deposits of dilithium), medicinal compounds and naturally-occurring plastics. A second Class M planet, Veshtan (Alpha Centauri B III), exists in-system, but was not colonized by the Centaurans until approximately 2013, fifty years prior to first contact with Humans.

It was revealed, in play, that a Human colony was discovered on Veshtan, when the Centaurans arrived, but had been wiped out by exposure to viruses which the Centaurans themselves carried and to which they were immune. Artemis, traveling back in time to the 1990s, rescued a small Kurdish clan from annihilation and, on the Centauran chief engineer's (my) suggestion, transplanted them to Alpha Centauri B III. It was only afterward that he (and I) imparted the above revelation to the rest of the crew. Gave a nice touch of tragedy to the session.

As Veshtan was sparsely settled even by Centauran standards, a small Human colony was eventually permitted after its inhabitants received rigorous training in Centauran ecological principles (most were veterans of the Earth Ecological Recovery mission formed by the Centaurans). No conflict with canon here, as we figured that none of the generation ships which fled Earth prior to World War 3 could have possibly reached their destinations by the time this colony was formed.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 12-26-2003 at 07:40 AM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy