Thread: A cruel prank on ROTK.

A cruel prank on ROTK.

I had envisioned a sorely cruel prank that I would have pulled if it were my last night as a projectionist, and it was opening night of Return of the King.

I am sure there are those of us who remember the animated version of ROTK that came out in late 70's early 80's.

I would have ripped this from the animated soundtrack, and piped it into the theater sound system at the opening of the live action ROTK.

(When you see the orcs march into battle)

waka-chika waka-chika waka-chika waka-chika
    Where there's a whip (CRACK) there's a way!
    Where there's a whip (CRACK) there's a way!
    Where there's a whip...

We don't want to go to war today,
    But the lord of the lash says "nay, nay, naayyyy!"
    We're gonna march all day, all day, all dayyyyY!

I think it would've been a laugh riot to see a packed house get up and exeunt the theater, demanding their admission back for this travesty.

Headlines would read:
    "Anticipated classic 'Return of the King' BOMBS opening night due to unannounced whimsical song."

I still have yet to see ROTK. I am not too psyched up about it, as the first two films put me to sleep. But, it is apparently a good all out action flick...so I do kinda hope to get to see it on the big screen before it hits the small screen.

Irreverently,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009

Re: A cruel prank on ROTK.

Originally posted by General Chang
    I still have yet to see ROTK. I am not too psyched up about it, as the first two films put me to sleep. But, it is apparently a good all out action flick...so I do kinda hope to get to see it on the big screen before it hits the small screen.

Yep. That would explain why you arn't too bothered. Those of us that stayed awake were really psyched.

Theres two kinds of people in this world. Those that love Lord of the Rings, and a really small group of people who want to know why everyone is looking at them funny...

Hope you can stay awake through this. it is worth it.

But you might get lost with a few plot threads that you missed from the other 2 films.
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?

Talking

Hey, that song was one of the best things about the animated version...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

Yep, chances are you would have just ended up getting everybody in the crowd singing the song and thinking "how nice to get this before we watch the movie".
    Draftsmen in Training

I'd have settled for that too..in truth..

Heck, if they'd've started singing the song...I would've welcomed it. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate the LOTR flicks.

That probably would have been a more gratifying response anyway. A chorus of hundreds of people singing:

waka-chika waka-chika waka-chika

Where there's a whip (CRACK) there's a way....

and stuff.

See....Ol' Chang has a good heart. LOL!

Respectfully to all,
    General Chang
    "So the Enterprise is on her maiden voyage, eh? Now that is one well endowed lady. Ah'd like to get mah hands on her ample nacelles, if ye'll pardon the bit o' engineerin' parlance." -Scotty, STAR TREK, 2009