Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FASA RPG supplements

Originally posted by extrocomp
    In my personal way of determining the canonicity value of a certain product, if one piece of information is anti-canon (contradictory), then the entire book it came from is anti-canon. The book just doesn't seem reliable to me if it has a big glaring inconsistency.
    Personally, I'd suggest that if this is your opinion, and an opinion you're not prepared to change, then none of the FASA books will be of use to you.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Identity Crisis

The second section is a timeline of events from 2/00 to 2/24 (that's 2200 to 2224 in the FASA timeline or roughly five years before TOS through to ST IV). A lot of this material is FASA only and some of it has been contradicted by later sources. It is useful in that it places all the FASA adventures published up until that point at specific points in time. This is the most detailed, for this period, of the various timelines that FASA published.

I found this section to be pretty useful. It's a pretty detailed 25 year timeline - almost none of it canon, but a lot of ideas for adventures in there.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

^^^^ Which is why I still love all my old FASA books. Damn, they may be full of holes, but there are same fine ideas in there.

And as much as I like both ICON and CODA, FASA had a certain charm to it, that I'm not sure either of the newer games quite managed to capture. Though they are both fine games

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.