Thread: Deep Space Nine Redux via Prime Directive

Talking Deep Space Nine Redux via Prime Directive

Deep Space Nine is a Klingon Station station in the Denorsis belt. The Klingons have recently left Bajor after years of occupation.

The Federation and the Romulan Star Empire now are allies.

The Klingon Empire and The Federation are still at war.

Dukat, Damar and Garak are now the Klingons (Kukat, Kamar and Karak).

Gowron, Martok and Worf are now the Romulans (who look like Cardassions with the phaser pistols and the Romulan bird of prey from Starfleet Command)

This is an alternate universe or campaign?

Not sure what this post is about, but it caught my attention

Talking mmm...

this is a campaign. heehee

I was reading "The Left Hand of Destiny" and noticed the DS9 Cardassians seemed like the TOS Klingons and the DS9 Klingons seemed like the TOS Romulans so, while reading I decided to do a switch.

worked perfectly! heheheheh

I just ordered the Prime Directive books so I decided to have some fun and see what a TOS version of DS9 would be like to make the wait seem like seconds '')

I haven't seen TAS in a while so I did stuff off the top of my head

I decided to use the races already in Prime Directive.

So Quark becomes an Orion.

Maybe Jadzia becomes a Vulcan or Alpha Centaurian.

I don't know about the Bajorans.

Since the ISC invades and not the Dominion do the founders become the slave soldiers addicted to white?

also since the Romulans and the Federation are allies then who does Sisko convince to become an ally? Maybe the Kzinti?

The Breen become the Tholians?

The ISC is in the Gamma Quardrant who is in the Delta Quardrant?

I'm looking at Steam Trek for TOS ideas... two pony tailed gray skin Klingons, green skin Cardassians with the bat'leths ")
    Last edited by freetrek; 01-05-2004 at 12:08 PM.

Re: mmm...

Originally posted by freetrek
    this is a campaign. heehee

I was reading "The Left Hand of Destiny" and noticed the DS9 Cardassians seemed like the TOS Klingons and the DS9 Klingons seemed like the TOS Romulans so, while reading I decided to do a switch.

worked perfectly! heheheheh

I just ordered the Prime Directive books so I decided to have some fun and see what a TOS version of DS9 would be like to make the wait seem like seconds '')

I haven't seen TAS in a while so I did stuff off the top of my head

I decided to use the races already in Prime Directive.

So Quark becomes an Orion.

Since the ISC invades and not the Dominion do the founders become the slave soldiers addicted to white?

also since the Romulans and the Federation are allies then who does Sisko convince to become an ally? Maybe the Kzinti?

I'm looking at Steam Trek for TOS ideas... two pony tailed gray skin Klingons, green skin Cardassians with the bat'leths ")
    I'd say Jadzia Dax would be an Alpha Centauran. Since there are no Trill in the SFU, or even a symbiotic race, AC seems to be the way to model that character. Other Trill characters are open for debate, of course.

Perhaps you're better off inventing your own race to represent the natives, though you could always borrow freely from info about Bajorans. Especially since no non-aligned races are listed in the Prime Directive books.

If you're using the ISC to represent the Dominion, then the Veltressai become the Founders, while they might use Pronhoulites for shock troops.

You might want to set your campaign in the Y180s, after the General War (A good stand in for the Borg conflict), and leading up to the ISC setting up the buffer zone between the empires (akin to the Dominion invasion).

Re: mmm...

Originally posted by freetrek
    Maybe a Deian?

Leave as is, or invent a new race.

The ISC would never use slave troops. Maybe a race (could be the Jem'Hadar as they are) managed to get themselves addicted to White somehow but couldn't produce enough and were starting to die off. The ISC stepped in and 'rescued' them. Unable to cure the addiction the started providing White, in gratitude the Jem'Hadar serve the ISC.

Got to be someone who (a) could tip the balance of power and (b) would be difficult to persude out of neutrality. The Tholians fit that description.

Maybe the Hydrans? Or the Lyrans? In both cases they're traditional enemies of the Klingons so you'd have some extra fun when the Founders/ISC introduce the new alliance - it would really add another dimension to how p***ed off the Klingons would be.

In the SFU there's an Omega Sector that lies on the opposite side of ISC space. It's only been detailed for Star Fleet Battles so far not for PD or GPD.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

Re: Re: mmm...

Originally posted by Identity Crisis
    Maybe a Deian?

Darn it! Wish I'd thought of that!

Leave as is, or invent a new race.

The ISC would never use slave troops. Maybe a race (could be the Jem'Hadar as they are) managed to get themselves addicted to White somehow but couldn't produce enough and were starting to die off. The ISC stepped in and 'rescued' them. Unable to cure the addiction the started providing White, in gratitude the Jem'Hadar serve the ISC.
    I suggested the Pronhoulites, an ISC member race. They're rather militaristic. Do we really need to push this whole White thing, though? It's really just enforced loyalty. I think the ISC, like the Federation, is very much into the whole personal freedom/be loyal cause we're the good guys kind of thing.

Got to be someone who (a) could tip the balance of power and (b) would be difficult to persude out of neutrality. The Tholians fit that description.

Maybe the Hydrans? Or the Lyrans? In both cases they're traditional enemies of the Klingons so you'd have some extra fun when the Founders/ISC introduce the new alliance - it would really add another dimension to how p***ed off the Klingons would be.

In the SFU there's an Omega Sector that lies on the opposite side of ISC space. It's only been detailed for Star Fleet Battles so far not for PD or GPD.
    Though I understand that something is in the works. Classic PD is no longer supported since GPD entered the fray and the Omega sector is probably a rather recent invention.