Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dad passed away this morning...

My Dad passed away this morning...

He'd been out of hospital for a month, after spending 2 months in ICU, where we thought we were going to lose him. He got to spend a last Christmas with his family, and died peacefully and quickly whilst tending to his beloved backyard swimming pool - at home, rather than in a hospital bed. He was 77.

Just thought I'd let everyone know why I won't be around for the next week or two, as I'm heading up to Sydney to be with my Mum.
    When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for others.

It's the same when you are stupid...

Unhappy

my condolences on you loss
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Condolences to you and yours, Aldaron. It is never easy to lose a loved one, but remember and be thankful for the many years you had together. Grief can take time to sort itself out, so do not fret if you have difficulty letting go at first.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

My deepest sympathies to you and your family during this time of loss, Aldaron. I'm glad he at least got to be around for Christmas with his family. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Scottomir's LOTR Game Resources:
    http://www.geocities.com/scott_metz/

You have my deepest sympathies, Aldaron. May God be with you and your family.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

I'm very sorry to hear that, but happy to hear he died in aplace he was happy.

My condolences to you and your family.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

My condolences as well for you and your family.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I lost my grandmother is Sept. on my birthday.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Deep condolences to you and your family.

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    My condolances, Aldaron. (And likewise to Troy_of_Borg)
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

My condolences to you and your family Aldaron. You also, Troy of Borg.
    tmutant

Founder of the Evil Gamemasters Support Group. No, Really.

These are always rough times.

May peace be upon you and yours. It will take time to come to grips with this loss -- allow yourself your grief.

Honours are due to the passing of the honourable.

Unhappy

My deepest sympathy to both Aldaron and Troy_Of_Borg.

It is usually harder on the ocassion where you supposed to be celebrating but it is overshadowed by the loss of a loved one. I can only pray it gets easier with time.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

2003 has been a year of loss. My condolences, Aldaron. This is really sad.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

My condolances, Aldaron and all the others like Troy_of_Borg who lost loved ones in the last year.
    "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
    - Alice Roosevelt Longworth