Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG Status

I've sent an e-mail... I really hope Decipher keeps CODA going. It was my first RPG as a GM, and it would be a shame to see it go away. I think the system is truly excellent, and deserves to keep going for years.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

I hope they do too!! I really liked the books, the pictures, the covers. They were really done well. Unfortunately, the two books that I really want is the Klingon sourcebook, and worlds. Hopefully we will eventually hear some type of word on the future of the CODA system.
    live long and prosper

Me, three! Or four. I've lost count. Here's hoping.

Yesterday i got my copy of Lord of th Rings RPG in the mail and my jaw just dropped at the total layout of the entire book. I've always stuck with Star Trek but decided to purchase LOTR to try something new. The decipher RPGs are definite eye candy!! Aside from the visual the content (system-wise) is also excellent. I really hope they continue with their RPG line, both Star Trek and LOTR and perhaps another line if they can. Maybe we should start a petition or something to make them think twice.

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    Yesterday i got my copy of Lord of th Rings RPG in the mail and my jaw just dropped at the total layout of the entire book. I've always stuck with Star Trek but decided to purchase LOTR to try something new. The decipher RPGs are definite eye candy!! Aside from the visual the content (system-wise) is also excellent. I really hope they continue with their RPG line, both Star Trek and LOTR and perhaps another line if they can. Maybe we should start a petition or something to make them think twice.
    I dislike Lord of The Rings myself but, as a pro graphic designer, I was in awe of that book design. Kudos to the design team!
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Originally posted by Ezri's Toy
    I dislike Lord of The Rings myself but, as a pro graphic designer, I was in awe of that book design.
    [Makes mental note...]
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Hey, if you're looking for pros, I'm also a professional graphic designer (web & print).

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Mind if I chime in and say that I'm a professional writer?
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    Mind if I chime in and say that I'm a professional writer?
    You too? Sweet!

Got my own LotR core book only recently and I loved the design.

So when this fuzz started weather or not the line will continue I fetched all my bugs, or better say euros and ordered all of the missing LotR books at amazon.co.uk due to the fact that amazon.de no longer had all of them available. I'm expecting three tomes LotR ( The Fellowship SB, The Two Towers SB and Fell Beasts) and ST Creatures anyday now. Creatures somehow joined the ride

Hope that we'll see another bunch of new and good books published in these lines dispite the trouble we're encountering right about now.

Hey Don. While I'm not really a Graphic designer, I do allot of it for work; and if you're looking for some assitance on your latest projects, then I'm certainly willing to help

I also do allot of web design, and I've dabbled (fairly well) into Flash animation too.

I probably should put together a website about my work.. rather than just the stuff i do for my PBEM on mine
    Ta Muchly

You should pick up Moria as well Cut. Dwarves ROCK!!

I'm a professional forms designer :P

Actually IceGiant "Moria" happened to be the first item of the line that I bought. I just forgot to mention it. Perhaps due to the fact that the previous post was no. 100 of me *smile*

I had to order Moria box right after I had been some eleven hours in a cinema and enjoyed all three parts of LotR after another

I thought about using it for a ST Coda campaign, if I never would buy the LotR game. Are the other books as well designed as the core book?

Do postings of support on this forum or the official one have any influence on what happens? Would it help for me to buy the LotR books I haven't bought yet? Maybe if they don't do the RPGs any more they'll at least do something new similar to Red Alert or something else they got the license for along with the RPG license. And don't anyone forget that you will still be able to use the books already published, and make your own stuff, because sometimes it sounds that way.

If this is the end for ST RPG for decipher, I'm going to stop playing and sell all my books on e-bay. I refuse to play game system that is not supported by it's producer. I've about had it with ST moving from game system to game system. IMHO, CODA seemed to have a fine balance between techincal and cinematic style that my players really enjoy.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain