Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek RPG Status

Star Trek RPG Status

I would like to know if there are any new stuff coming out soon.

It has been sometime since anyone gave us the players answers.

Re: Star Trek RPG Status

Originally posted by Troy_Of_Borg
    I would like to know if there are any new stuff coming out soon.

It has been sometime since anyone gave us the players answers.
    I would like to politely manifest those sentiments myself.

If there is anyone "in the know" at Decipher reading this, please let us know what we can expect in the near future. I am anxiously awaiting the "Worlds" manual and the "Mirror Universe" sourcebook.

Thanks for listening.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Hm. I would have thought the "Bad news on 'Worlds'" thread covered this.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Unhappy

If I were a betting man, I would say the end of February. I just hope we don't have to wait as long for all the other books I am sure we all prepaid for. Hopefully they will release them one after another in the coming months
    live long and prosper

As I stated in the "Bad News" thread, Rob at the FLGS indicated - back in mid-December - that it looked like another two to three months before anything on Trek was expected from Decipher. That would put it as February/March or thereabouts - hopefully there will not be any further delays or disruptions creating an even greater bottleneck than currently exists.

As has probably been mentioned previously, Paramount usually take its own sweet time with approvals. FASA ran into the exact same problem, and Decipher no doubt has to deal with it also. Give 'em the benefit of the doubt, but please have enough sense not to place an order until you have heard that it is back from the printer. To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, "A consumer and his money are soon parted."
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    As has probably been mentioned previously, Paramount usually take its own sweet time with approvals. FASA ran into the exact same problem, and Decipher no doubt has to deal with it also. Give 'em the benefit of the doubt, but please have enough sense not to place an order until you have heard that it is back from the printer. To paraphrase P.T. Barnum, "A consumer and his money are soon parted."
    In "Worlds"'s case, approval delays isn't a consideration, as it went to the printers (we were told) in September. Actually, I would presume that that's probably the case with the "Mirror" book, too, that that part of the process had been handled.

As for hearing when it's back from the printer...

If SOPP (Standard Operating Promotion Procedure) is followed, we'll hear it's back (or indeed, any other confirmable news about it) about the time it starts hitting the stores.
    "It's hard being an evil genius when everybody else is so stupid" -- Quantum Crook

Hmmmm....

Maybe the printers jammed and everyone assumed it was still going. *Shout* Someone check the printers and make sure everyone has their fingers and toes! I still have high hopes on Worlds, does anyone on the Official or UN-official side have the scoop on the printer story? Please let us know if there's anything we can do to help (food, money, massage...). Later gator!

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!

Sadly, I think our on-board Decipher contacts (Doug, Jesse, etc.) have already given us all the information which has come into their possession.

The problem in the communications chain lies somewhere farther up the line. Unfortunately, nobody seems to know where, so there's no one we can cajole, bribe, or threaten.

[Edited to fix misspelling of Jesse's name, because that always irks me.]
    Last edited by First of Two; 01-09-2004 at 09:27 AM.

Some of our managers recently went on to other companies (by their choice), so we've been adjusting to the transition in communications and chain-of-authority.
    Worlds is waiting to print, Mirror Universe is not at the printer yet. Hopefully any remaining delays will be ironed out reasonably soon.

J.H.

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig
    Some of our managers recently went on to other companies (by their choice), so we've been adjusting to the transition in communications and chain-of-authority.
    Worlds is waiting to print, Mirror Universe is not at the printer yet. Hopefully any remaining delays will be ironed out reasonably soon.

J.H.
    Thank you very much for the update. It is appreciated. Really.

With all due respect (and there is very much due) to Jesse, while I do very much appreciate the communication, this "update" does not differ significantly in substance from the "update" of 9/26/2003, wherein we were told that "Worlds just went to press and Mirror Universe should follow soon after."

The given reason for the delay is new, albeit slightly confusing after we were assured in another thread that the departures would likely have little effect on releases.

Instead, it appears that we've had a 3 1/2 -month paralysis.

Guess that estimation was a bit off, but I suppose "stuff" happens.

Consider me temporarily mollified.
    Last edited by First of Two; 01-09-2004 at 03:08 PM.

Originally posted by Jesse Heinig

J.H.
    OK then, I have a follow-up question:

Assuming that Decipher has continued to work on the writing, editorial, proof-reading, and art / layout stages of their products, there should, theoretically, be a back-log of finished material that simply needs to go to press.

So, will we see Worlds, Mirror Universe, Peacekeepers, etc. released all at once or in rapid succession ? Or will Decipher resume a "standard" release schedule ?

Thank you.

Where did all the little Klingons go?

Will the Klingon sourcebook print within the next month or two?

I would like to know being that I'm not just a fan of the game but a concerned customer.
    The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. -- Mark Twain

Wow! I admire your work J. H.!

How do you do it? You lose workers a few months back and now some management folks. But you guys just keep on trucking! It's amazing how you guys still mange to "press on" with the project with your losses. Kudoes to Decipher and PLEASE keep us updated because some or bad news is still news. Thanks again!

7 of 11
    A
    7 of 11
    Bored of Borg?
    Try the new Species 8472!
    Hard to kill, Harder to find!