Thread: Assistance Requested...

Assistance Requested...

Hello!

I have just finished work on an ICON Trek Netbook, entitled 'A Time For Heroes'. Basically, it is a guide to running campaigns in the 2250s, the era of Captain Pike, a decade before the Original Series. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to take a look at a copy, and let me know opinions. Also, has anyone ever run anything in this setting before? Finally, is there anyone in London, England who might be interested in playing in such a campaign?

Richard Tongue

Hi Richard

I'd very much like to take a look at your netbook. Can't say i've run a game this early in the Trek timeline but i'd be willing to offer my opinion for what it's worth.
    Funnily enough I live in Crawley in Sussex so i'm not that far away.

You can email me at heimlich@tinyworld.co.uk

Regards

Renny

having done some netbooks on my own, I would be glad to offer my assistance as well. I really would like to see a copy.
    My e-mail is vmaiwald@gmx.net
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

I'd be very interested in having a look, I've been thinking about some immediate-pre-TOS stuff (early 2260s) so this isn't far off at all.

I'm in London and might be interested in playing, depending on schedules and stuff of course.

idcrisis@loosecanon.net
    "And all I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by."
    "Though a cloaking device, pulsed phaser cannons
    and a full load of quantum torpedoes would be quite nice too."

Richard's Netbook has been put up on Memory: ICON.

I just was discussing about running a campaign aboard Robrt April's Enterprise!! i would really like to see your netbook. Can you send it to me? my e-mail address is Yuber_i@yahoo.es

I just had a look on Memory Icon, and I can't see it under the Netbook heading. Am I looking in the right place?

Richard

Sorry, the netbooks page itself didn't get updated for some reason known only to the dark demons of computer hell. It works now.

Thanks Owen

I found the netbook now. Looks good.

Renny

Well, what do people think of the book? Any comments, thoughts, queries, ponderings on the meaning of life?

On a related note, I'm getting the campaign I was talking about underway, if anyone is interested in joining. (London, England, on alternate Sunday days).

Richard

Man, you did a great job. We mailed privately already, so you know what I think about it, but I felt the boards should know as well, what a great netbook this is. The ships and characters are very thoroughly done and the whole book gives a great impression of that ST period. Wonderful and I think also useful to those who do campaigns in other eras, just because of the background information.
    We came in peace, for all mankind - Apollo 11

Damn it, you beat us to it. Now I'll have to change the schedule AGAIN.

J.H.

Thanks, Evan! I'm glad you liked it. (BTW, something went wrong with your second email - all I got was a blank page. Could you send it again?) And thanks again to Owen for hosting it. I'm glad to see the original netbook up there now as well - I'm using bit sof that in putting my campaign together.

Which brings me to a question - who here uses the Kzinti in your campaigns, and how? (I'm using them as a major adversary in teh campaign).

Richard

I do use kzintis in my campaigns, although they rarely appear since our kzinti PC returned to his homeworld in search for a religious item which he had to use in the funeral ceremonies of his father... i use them as a highly disparate people: there were people who wanted to become federation members, there were isolationist people and also there were avenging-type people which wanted to ally with romulans or cardassians in order to get rid of the federation protectorate... their homeworld was also a very curious place: they lived in low buildings made of brick, with roads in the roman empire fashion, with their wealthiest numbers living in castles, but they also had space industries and levitator transports...

That's a nice set of suplements methusela, and like all good RPG suplements it's not too rules heavy, so it wouldn't be a problem to use the material in any system, or indeed as a background for future campaigns too.
    Ta Muchly