Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dreaming Trek

Post dreaming Trek

I had a dream where I saw a magazine or TV show with photos of real star trek ships crashed on the surface of Earth, in a universe where Star Trek is supposed to be fiction. The report said something about a time travel incident with Worf. There was also something about a ship "much" bigger than a Galaxy Class, probably several miles long. I think it was shaped quite similar to a Galaxy Class.

That's the only Star Trek dream I can think of right now. Does anyone have any interesting ones of their own that are appropriate to share?

The one I had gave me an eerie feeling even after I woke up. Imagine such a news report in the real world! What if they had an episode on TV where the crew members ended up on an Earth of the present day where they are fictional characters invented by Gene Roddenberry. Or maybe Gene didn't just make it up! I was thinking along these lines when they had Riker's mental hospital episode, what if that hospital had been on "Our" Earth, and he did remember who he was! What if Jonathan Frakes had delusions that he was really his character or Riker met Frakes and that proved his story! Eek! The Madness! It's too much! They're coming to take me away! Ha ha hee hee. But I'm feeling MUCH better now, Harry... yeah, right. kidding. really.

When I was writing steadily for LUG, I had Star Trek dreams a couple of nights a week. None of them had any steamy Andorian sex scenes in them, though. I kept hoping!

What if on the final episode of Voyager Bob Picardo wakes up and says to his wife, "I just had the strangest dream..." and later that day he has lunch with his long time friends, and one of them says, like always, "... This is my brother Daryl, and this is my other brother Daryl... " and that's the end of the entire franchise. Or something similar happens with Majel Barret Roddenberry's character on Earth Final conflict (she has appeared on it, hasn't she?), or with Shatner's character from his TekWar series, or something to do with Edith Keeler on some soap opera, or something set in the A Team universe, or on a show about nothing, or someplace where everybody knows your name... see what such concepts do to a person such as myself?

Seinfeld aside, I think we're virtually guaranteed that Voyager will end "on a show about nothing."

Wink

Wasn't that pretty much the point, S John?

I had a dream much like the Galaxy Quest scenario, where several actors from the Star Trek: The Next Generation were taken aboard an alien vessel very similar to a Galaxy-class ship and asked to lead a diplomatic mission against a hostile interstellar empire. Mind you, this was years before the actual Galaxy Quest movie ever came out!

The strange thing, however, is that I was there. I was never on Star Trek: TNG to the best of my knowledge. Of course, I played only a minor role (but I didn't get killed, however).

Then there was the Vulcan Love Slave III holodeck dream I had... but perhaps that's a bit much for a family BBS like this!

mactavish out.

Well... Voyager has gotten better. The last season, and the current one, have been pretty good. Didn't they take the writers from DS9?

Anyway, you know a ST series is coming to an end when the scripts get halfway decent.

------------------
    "I'd rather die standing than live on my knees..."
    Shania Twain

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Cool

Dreaming Trek, huh?

You guys have waaaaayyyyyy too much time on your hands...

------------------
    How do I set a Laser Printer to stun?

Are you implying that normal people don't have time to sleep?? And does anyone else have anything more on the original topic to share? To quote Kurros, Can't there be some things just for me? Kidding. And any ideas about my dream's plausibility as a game adventure or how to build on it?

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

Well, getting back on-topic (kind of), I can't say that I dream Trek...I can't really say that I dream, as I have this remarkable inability to remember the darned things.

That said, I doubt that any dream fragments I do remember would be in any way useful for adventure-building...

------------------
    How do I set a Laser Printer to stun?

Wink

Well, I had a rather odd Star Trek dream. It's kinda hazy now, but I do remember it involved Helen Noel, foamy bubbles, aroma therapy candles, scented oils, synthesized food, and lots 'n lots of wine...

What can I say, Kirk was a lucky man.

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

I guess I was pretty much asking for that sort of thing wasn't I. Maybe "that are appropriate to share" was a little vague. Oh well. But I'm thinking my dream could be an ingenious first gaming experience if the players are inerested in playing themselves you can figure out to repair the ships and maybe get them back to the future. Or set the series in the somewhat real world even just about the effects on Earth.

What can I say, Kirk was a lucky man.

Erm. Where were you in all this?

Nono. Forget I asked I don't wanna know

I remember having a Star Trek dream! It was a looong time ago, about when Next Generation was coming to a close...

It was a short dream. The whole thing was essentially an imagined preview for a new episode of Next Generation. For some strange reason, the Enterprise was submerged underwater. Possibly a huge water planet (I recall suddenly remembering my dream when watching that one Voyager episode w/ the water planetoid). There was a some dramatic scene of Commander Riker looking out a big observation window at some underwater spacedock structure, in which the Enterprise was docked. There were all kinds of strange underwater shuttlecraft fluttering about. And there were scenes of the Enterprise surfacing really quickly, practically jumping out of the water, like submarines do from time to time. It was really quite pretty and exciting!

Wink

Pete, was that the planet the ST: IV space whales came from?

I'll cop to one. I don't normally remember my dreams, either, but recently had one about a pair of Andorian sisters in the campaign.

'Nuff said.