Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starship Troopers 2 release dates

Starship Troopers 2 release dates

FYI,

Starship Troopers 2 release dates
    http://www.enworld.org/scifi/modules...rder=0&thold=0

Oh boy, let's hope they don't forget THE POWERED ARMOUR this time.

As to what was said on the site, I am confused. Is it a theatrical release or a straight to video thing?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Talking

You know the studio execs are really going Chapter 11 in the creativity department when they make sequels to crappy movies. SHouldn't there be a law about properties reaching some success level before they qualify for a sequel?
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

The problem with "Starship Troopers 2" is that they can't even use the tagline that applied to the first movie:

"Starship Troopers: A new movie based on the cover of a book by Robert Heinlein"
    Scottomir's LOTR Game Resources:
    http://www.geocities.com/scott_metz/

It really is too bad. Starship Troopers, done as the novel, could have been another Aliens. A smashing military sci-fi movie. Instead what do they come up with? 90210 with Spaceships and high calibre weaponry. I can't believe I actually liked the movie the first time I saw it. Oh, the embarassment.

I've got bad news for you. This is a direct-to-video release here in the states. It does not have power armor. It does have that guy who played the Sentinel on Scifi- uh, Burgy. He plays a poster boy for the MI who ends up fighting on some blasted planet and not doing too well at first. The story is pretty well Fort Zinderneuf- an MI squad comes across an outpost that's been overrun, except for Burgy's character whose been left locked up in a cell with 'Murderer' scrawled over the door. He ends up leading the squad as the outpost gets totally surrounded by Bugs. The actress who played Captain Deladrier in the first movie plays an MI trooper in this one. The whole thing is produced, directed, etc, by the guy who created the CGI bugs in the first one and written by the same writer as the first.

I'm not to worried about spoilers here because this is gonna suck like a football-sized meteor through the ISS!

Oh, I'll probably buy it. Gotta have 'em all. Sure liked Roughnecks better...
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

O, the Humanity!

Wasn't the first movie punishment enough?

No, wait, that was Battlefield Earth...

Originally posted by Ramage
    O, the Humanity!

Wasn't the first movie punishment enough?

No, wait, that was Battlefield Earth...
    Ouch. I agree, but ouch. Man the stink of that movie just won't wash off.

I enjoyed the first one (Starship Troopers) for what it was, but then I never read the book either.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    Can't have two hot redheads now can we.
    Hey, you can never have too many hot redheads.

Uhm, did I say that out loud Why does the thought of ducking right now sound so good.

If you've ever watched the interview with the director, the first Starship Stormtroopers movie was made as a parody by people who hated the book, then chickened out and marketed it as a legitimate movie version.

The only good thing to come out of that piece of dreck was the fact that Joss Whedon could save some money making Firefly by renting the MI costumes for his Alliance troops.

I mean, c'mon - SS Obergrupenfuhrer Doogie von Hauser? Gimme a break!

I'll forgive the board member with the Bacon Rating of 2 for his part in Travolta's Travesty, but I can't forgive anyone for this piece of crap.

Hey, don't forget that B5 Crusade also used those MI uniforms.
    And, I just remembered, so did the late, unlamented VIP!
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    Can't have two hot redheads now can we.
    Fact: You can never have too many hot redheads.

Now as far as the first SST movie goes, I liked the bugs...except the brain bug, that was just too far in to the realm of dumb.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

Awww gee....if its Direct to Video...that means I cant go and heckle the screen in a crowded movie theatre on opening night like I did for Starship Poopers 1.

Personally....I always felt Paul Verhoven should have been covered in honey and then buried up to his neck in an Amazon Basin ant pile.

At least the anime of Starship Troopers has a chance of being found...and its loyal to the book!