Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Trek Character Builder v3.1 (Character Generator)

Originally posted by Space_Cadet
    and does this error message occurs when the title screen pops up? Also check if "coda.dll" exists on your computer too.
    coda.dll did exist. (Yes, I've taken the program back off, since it didn't appear to work)

Thanks

Thanks for the new char. sheet. Looking forward to trying it out to create a new engineer. I'll provide more feedback as I use it to create my character and other NPCs.

Originally posted by Ezri's Toy
    I'd like to make a request:

Once you're done with your bug-fixes and beta-testing, please release your code so that a port to Macintosh can be done.
    Ditto on the request for a Mac Port. But I'll go further and volunteer to help create the Mac version.

I cannot even get the program to install, let alone run. It asks me if it should create the directory "C:\\Program Files\Star Trek Character Bulder v. 3.1" but then gives me an "invalid directory" error when I click Yes.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Unhappy Same Error...

I get the same error:

Access Violation at address 77121767 in module 'oleaut32.dll'. Read of address CCCCCCC8.

Here's what I did when it happened:
    1: Biracial Species Human & Vulcan
    2: Selected stats for both
    3: Clicked Apply
    4: Selected Quickness in the pop up for Human +2 Reaction
    5: Hit Ok
    Got Error

I am running the following:
    Windows XP with current SP
    Microsoft Word 2000
    Microsoft Access 2000
    Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0

Those are all I have installed that I can think of that might be interfereing with the version of the oleaut32.dll that the program needs.

And I got that using the Test.exe as well as the original STCBV31.exe

Anything else might need to know?

Tom
    [Programming note (non-prorammers, nothing to see here : From my impression, it may be a problem with the ADO you're using. I saw on microsoft's site that the ADO 2.5 corrected some of the access violation errors previous versions were having. Could that be part of it?]
    Last edited by Arknight; 01-22-2004 at 12:53 PM.

I don't think the error has anything to do with the ADO component considering it does not use ADO. What may be the problem is the version of oleaut32.dll. If you can, download the latest service pack for your OS and see if it works afterwards. As far as making a port of Macs, isn't there any emulator available?

Originally posted by RaconteurX
    I cannot even get the program to install, let alone run. It asks me if it should create the directory "C:\\Program Files\Star Trek Character Bulder v. 3.1" but then gives me an "invalid directory" error when I click Yes.
    it might be the name of the directory.. try typing in your own directory without spaces or periods.

Hmmm.... ok, updated latest stuff for XP, and no go.

My version of oleaut32.dll lists as being version 3.50.5016.0, 556Kb, created on 08/28/2002 and as being part of OLE 3.50 for NT

That any help?
    Tom

Um...I looked at the start of the thread, and I can't find the original program, only the "test" version.

Is there any difference between the "full" program, and the "test" version?