Thread: Founders? Solids? Connection?

AslanC Guest

Post Founders? Solids? Connection?

Okay hear me out please.

I jsut watched the episode of the TNG where the Cardassians, Romulans, Feddies and Klingons run around trying to unlock some genetic secret. When they do a Humanoid woman appears and tells them her race created them all by seeding the oceans.

Now the neat part is that my roomate and I are almost %100 convinced that the actress is the same one who played the Founder on DS9.

Now here's the theory. What if her race is what became the founders. They searched the galaxy looking for life and found none, so they seeded. The process would have taken millions of years before the first humanoid primate would have stood. In that time their genetic expirements have taken a new twist and they see the interconnectivity of all things in the universe and aspire to become everything...millions of years to screw around with an idea like this could have lead the the Founders...

Just an idea

Very nice!

And yes it is the same actress!

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Talking

Love it, Aslan!

(Yep, by the way: Salome Jens played both roles)

I'm planning a time-travel episode based of an episode seed in All Our Yesterdays, where Section 31 send a mission team back in time to try and take out the Founders.

It's going to be set on medieval Earth (what the hell...convenient setting! ), where a couple of Founders are observing a technologically backward "solid" civilisation (they've avoided the Bajorans, Vulcans & the like as they're advanced enough to detect them).

In the process, they've been seen shapeshifting once or twice, giving rise to our old legends of faeries/demons/whatever.

THe Crew will arrive to find that the S31 guys are in the guise of a couple of knights, on a quest to seek out some treasure (hey, might even make it the Grail and throw some Arthurian stuff in ), when in fact they're looking for the Founders (along with a sample of the genengineered virus that they infected Odo with).

The Crew have to stop them, of course.

The whole point of it will be that in the course of the adventure, the shapeshifters will be attacked from all sides - S31, the mistrustful Crew (who aren't interested in protecting the Founders as much as preserving the timeline) and several thousand suspicious and superstitious medieval humans.

This leads to their distrust of "solids", and they return to the Gamma quadrant to report on the "evil solids", whereupon they beging to form the Dominion to protect themselves.

------------------
    "May I find you with peace, and leave you with hope."

Well when I was working on some Arthurian type names to be used as a twist for the NPC's in a time travel game that never happened the ones under consideration were;

Arthur - Obviously
    Gwen Le Vierre - To be altered over time.

The third character was going to a member of the pope swiss guard, who are descended from the reneissance swiss mercenarys
    - The Lanchenets.

Most of these required the acceptance of a feww centuries and lack of physical records to have adjusted the names to fit the legend...

Of course on the players side you can add the DTI agents Lucsy and Dulmer to add irony to the name altering trick...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"