Thread: Advice on finding players...

Advice on finding players...

As my sig indicates, I'm looking for players for a new campaign, with only limited success thus far. (I've got one for certain and a few others I'm waiting to hear back from). I was just wondering if there is anywhere else sepcifically Star Trek related I could be posting for players? (I've got to know the RPG places fairly well putting previous campaigns together). Any ideas?

Richard

OK, since you're based in London, I did some searching for some of my club mates in that area and found the USS Britannia.

The Britannia is a chapter of Starfleet, The International Star Trek Fan Association, a world-wide organization which has been in existence since 1974.

According to their chapter web site, the Britannia is into role-playing big time and would probably appreciate another player / narrator. I'm not sure if they're doing table-top gaming with Decipher's rules set rather than some other kind of role-playing (like a sim or free-form persona role-playing). Still, they'd be worth checking out for players. If you find you like the group enough, maybe you'll join Starfleet too and partake of the other social activities that Starfleet chapters have to offer.

You can e-mail the Britannia's chapter chairperson at co@uss-britannia.org You can also e-mail the Regional Coordinator for the British Isles at rc@region20.org

Hope this information proves useful.

Ezri's Toy
    Starfleet member since 1987.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Hi Methuslah

Whereabouts are you in London ?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, i'm based in Crawley which is probably a bit far away for regular gaming to be practical but I have friends in the London area who might be looking for a regular game, and I don't mind putting the idea to them and putting you in touch. What days and venue are you thinking of ?
    Also, a couple of gamers in the group I play with might be up for a semi regular game (say a couple of times a month).

Regards

Renny

Sorry, just realised that you said in your sig that you're looking to play alternate Sundays.

Renny

I'm running the game out of my home in Isleworth; its fairly easy to get to on public transport. I'm hoping to start on the 25th if it can be organized in time, otherwise the 8th.
    Richard