Thread: Favorite Firefly

Favorite Firefly

I'm asking out of curiousity:

What are your three favorite episodes of Firefly?

For me, its "Our Mrs. Reynolds", "Objects In Space" and "War Stories"

Tie between "Heart of GOld" and "Shindig"
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    For me, "Objects in Space" is the absolute best of the lot, followed very closely by "Out of Gas."

The third is a virtual tie between "Shindig" and "Trash"; if you put a gun to my head, I'd rate the former ahead of the latter.

Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

I dunno - they're all pretty good, though Mal kicking the tough guy into the engine in The Train Job makes that episode high up on my list.

I don't know the ep name but the scene where Jayne fires the assult rifle, wrapped in a space suit, at the control center of that station sticks in my mind.

I really like the pilot as well. I need to get the DVD set so I can get the title of the eps. I didn't catch this when it was on originally, but I try to watch it when Space has it on. Too bad it got s*** canned, it really was quite good.

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    For me, "Objects in Space" is the absolute best of the lot, followed very closely by "Out of Gas."

The third is a virtual tie between "Shindig" and "Trash"; if you put a gun to my head, I'd rate the former ahead of the latter.

Tied with the pilot in my mind for third.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by Phantom
    I don't know the ep name but the scene where Jayne fires the assult rifle, wrapped in a space suit, at the control center of that station sticks in my mind.
    "Bushwacked"

Originally posted by ComaBoy
    "Bushwacked"
    Thanks.

I really liked the looks on the faces of the bad guys as the observation dome started crack from the bullets.

Bushwacked was the one with the victims of the Reavers. Our Mrs Reynolds was the one with Jayne dressing up "Vera" in a space suit so he could take her out and introduce her to the guys in the chop shop.

Lots of good ones have already been mentioned, and I'm not sure I can pick three favorites. But I do want to add The Man They Call Jayne to the list of nominees. That one was knee-slappin' funny, right up to the end when it got dead serious and thoughtful.
    Last edited by Sarge; 01-17-2004 at 06:45 AM.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Sarge
    Bushwacked was the one with the victims of the Reavers. Our Mrs Reynolds was the one with Jayne dressing up "Vera" in a space suit so he could take her out and introduce her to the guys in the chop shop.

Lots of good ones have already been mentioned, and I'm not sure I can pick three favorites. But I do want to add The Man They Call Jayne to the list of nominees. That one was knee-slappin' funny, right up to the end when it got dead serious and thoughtful.
    Jaynestown.

There weren't any real dogs in the series, overall, IMO. Hard to pick the best.

John Stuart Mill

"Objects in Space" was my favorite. "Ariel" and "War Stories" were pretty close, though all the episodes were good.
    "The businessman's job is giving the business."