Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Personal Sci-Fi Project: Spacecraft Propulsion System Classifications

I have a sneaking suspicion that you're both in fact correct, because I clearly remember hearing about the 'Neutron Surge' (it was on Sci Fi last week) and I also clearly remember that they detected a Neutrino buildup under the hull, so i have a sneaking suspicion we've just wandered into a scripting error
    Ta Muchly

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Oops.

Of course, I didn't get home 'til about 10pm last night, so I wasn't able to confirm it. I hope to have a more normal schedule today, so I'll let you know.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Tobian
    we've just wandered into a scripting error
    And we've wandered off topic!

Wow - dinner and a show!
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Sensors

Sensing Systems
    Transluminal Sensing: Advances in sensing technology paralleled that of communications, as ships still relied on the transmission and receiving of electromagnetic waves to detect and analyze targets within their sensing range.

For the most powerful sensors, this meant that data from across the star system was as many as 2-4 days old, making it effectively useless for all but scientific uses. As such, most military applications kept their tactical sensing range to within 1-2 AU, limiting their delay to under 15 minutes.

With the ability to use UFT manpulations to gather data 20-25 times faster than with standard subluminal methods, military applications were able to increase their tactical scanning range to 20-25 AU.

Hyperluminal Sensing: As with HCX, hyperluminal sensing technology is a direct result of research into the Linear Drive program. The most advanced hyperluminal sensing systems in service can provide near real-time (1-second lag) information at 2 AU, 1-minute lag at 100-125 AU, and 1-hour lag at 6-7 kAU. (At 300,000km, the sensing lag is 1/1000 second. 300,000km far a ship travels at full subluminal speed {0.4C} in one minute.)
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    Watched it. Guess what?
    Did you check for both instances it was mentioned? I know of at least two points they reference the neutron/neutrino surge.
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

poster

Just a thought but... Which version did you watch? I am wondering if it was the remastered version (the one with Rene "Odo" Oberjenois as Colonel West) ..

There is a possibility that if it was the new version that they dubbed over a few errors from the original cut.. I just say that because I vaguelly recall Liz mentioning she owned that version in another thread, but I could be wrong... probably am..

I've got that dusty old version on a tape somewhere, if i can find it, I'll check just to be sure..
    Ta Muchly

Yes! We Have No Neutrinos Today! Face it you've been out-geeked by a girl.
    And you're proud of that fact?
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

poster

I Am She-Geek!

Or is that Geek-Ra?
    She-Geek of the Silicon Wasteland....
    Davy Jones

-- The Wizard of Oz

Did you say silicon or silicone? Liz doesn't react well to those accusations.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1