Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad News on the Series V Front...

Thumbs down

Originally posted by Cochrane:
    Maybe Trek X will be released on the same day as Star Wars Episode 2.
    No films were released for weeks before and after the release of Episode One. Other studios/distributors know that Star Wars will kill any film released close to it.

Star Trek will be kept months and months away from Star Wars. The sheer box-office might of Star Wars is like a Star Destroyer comapred to the X-wing-like appeal of Star Trek at the box office.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

Originally posted by Greg Smith:
    No films were released for weeks before and after the release of Episode One. Other studios/distributors know that Star Wars will kill any film released close to it.

Star Trek will be kept months and months away from Star Wars. The sheer box-office might of Star Wars is like a Star Destroyer comapred to the X-wing-like appeal of Star Trek at the box office.
    All to true, SW would waste ST just in ticket sales alone.
    From the interview I think their looking at a couple of months before SW.

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Personally, what I'd love to see is the adventures of Captain Sulu and the USS Excelsior. Perhaps done in the year 2301. Give us a stronger bridge between old and new, heck even the Enterprise B would be nice *sigh* I hate the design modification tho.. now the ship looks like a pregnant guppy with a chicken bone caught in it's throat but I degress.. show us how the Federation dealt with Movie Era Romulans, the first encounter of the Cardassians.. main baddies? Gorn, tholians, Romulans.. the occasional Renegade Klingons.. Old meeting new...

I'd love to see Excelsior. But the fans don't motivate the Paramount boys any more.

Arrow

For some of us fans, we've already declared Paramount the illegitimate owner (aka, "unfit parent") of the Star Trek franchise. I would even go so far to say that I would rejoice if Majel Roddenberry can reclaim the property.

For now, we're stuck (like we're stuck with Bush for the next four years).

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

the new background information and such has come to be as important to me as the story plausibility. Following the continuity is fun. Devising ways to make it connect when it doesn't seem to is fun. Nitpicking is fun. poor writing can be funny.