Thread: How old is Odo ?

Question How old is Odo ?

My players asked me : when the Dominion did send the Founder infants throught the galaxy ? , and I wasn't able to answer this question. Can somebody help me ?

Thanks for your answers !!!

Odo was found in the Denorios Belt in 2358, 11 years before the beginning of Deep Space Nine. At this time, he was just a blob of orange Jell-O. I personally would consider this date as his "birth," the beginning of the conscious entity nicknamed "odoital" by the Cardassians.

I can't find any reference to how long ago the Founders seeded the 100 "baby Founders" throughout the Galaxy, but I seem to recall that it was quite a while ago.

Hope this helps.

In 'Chimera', the changeling he met had been around for several hundred years...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

I cannot remember the reference point, but I recall the female changeling making mention of the fact (I believe on their first encounter) that the Founders sent out 100 infant changelings "a long time before", and that Odo wasn't supposed to return home for three centuries.

I can't remember that when or where I saw/heard that piece of information, but I don't think that I dreamed it.

mactavish out.

That would be in 'The Search'... Odo was the first of the 100 to return...

I also hold the opinion that the Chameloids from Star Trek 6 could be from among the 100.

When Kirk and Bones discover 'her' shapechanging nature, they call her species chameloid and proclaim that they thought they were mythical...

Which sounds rare enough to possibly lay claim to a connection, the timing is still there, and its not like any of the 100 knew much about their history besides a faint racial memory and inate curiosity... YMMV

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"