View Poll Results: What weapon is your character using?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sword, Long or Short

19 55.88%
  • Dagger or Long Knife

1 2.94%
  • Axe, Great or Battle

3 8.82%
  • Mace, Hammer, Club, Mattock

1 2.94%
  • Pole Arms Melee, Spear, Pikestaff

2 5.88%
  • Bow, Long or Short

4 11.76%
  • Pole Arm: Thrown; Spear, Javalin

0 0%
  • Thrown; Dagger, Long Knife, Rock

2 5.88%
  • Scavange orc weapons!?

0 0%
  • Something I forgot, please comment below.

2 5.88%

Thread: What's your character's primary weapon?

Question What's your character's primary weapon?

I love polls, I did this one over on the other board but it does not have the cool poll function.

So what is your characters primary weapon?
    Last edited by mcb; 01-21-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    Matthew Birch
    mcb8@po.cwru.edu

The Intimidate skill!
    Although he uses a longsword for backup.

True I did forget the less tangable attacks like intimidate and other spells and skills that effect an enemy without direct attack. I guess we have never really used intimidate very often in our game at present. I will have to try that a bit more often.

mcb
    Matthew Birch
    mcb8@po.cwru.edu

Bow, with longsword backup. plus a friendly dwarf with an axe to put into any orc's head that gets to close to him

All weapons have advantages and uses, but I almost always come back to the sword. Probably because in real life, I have more training and experience with swords than any other weapon.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Re: What's your character's primary weapon?

Two characters, so far: one's a very, very, very old Noldor jumble-of-all-sorts-of-Orders, the other a Dunádan Magician. The Noldor has two weapons he uses: most often, a masterwork longsword of his own make, easy to carry and doesn't get in the way; the other is his ancient enchanted spear, also of his own craftsmanship, but not used outside time of war since the days of the Last Alliance, instead remaining with his other gear of old in Rivendell. The Dunádan fights somewhat as MightyCthulhu's character does, excepting that he prefers to use his wits more often than intimidation, since he isn't terribly powerful yet. (How intimidating could a man that looks no more than 20 or so be, anyway, to a patrol of orcs? )

Depends on character. For my Warrior of Rohan Long Sword w/spear. For my Elven Ranger Bow w/Elven Long sword w/ Long Knife back up.

Right know my Rohirric knight's weapon is undoghtedly the longsword, which he has a huge skill rating for, and my other character, a easternling barabarian, prefers a great axe and a scimitar. Both have other weapons, but those are the primary ones.

Watertown, WI (between Madison and Milwaukee), USA
    These are two weapons that aren't in the Decipher game, but I used to use in MERP alot: Two-handed Sword, Bastard Sword.

BTW, has anyone made stats for these weapons in the Decipher game?

REptile
    In the hierarchy of living organisms, it's snakes all the way down.

I have an idea for a Hobbit fisherman that I've been kicking around. I figure he would use a knife as part of his work so that's what his main weapon will be top start. Also, I think it might be interesting for him to be adept at making snares and traps with a rope since he has learned to deal with lines as a water-man.

Every0ne in his village refers to his father (also a fisherman) as "The Captain."