Thread: Series V news (not much more...)

Post Series V news (not much more...)

http://talk.trekweb.com/cgi-bin/msgb...d%20Posts&date =Last%2015%20Days#20QoZPXEDpOes

My first real Series V tidbit.
    By MikeJonas (mikejonas@aol.com) at 16:29:21 on February 15
    URL: http://www.geocities.com/themikejonas | User Info

My mole now has a little bit of solid information on the new series, which, after all speculation and vaguenesses are stripped away, can be boiled down to two words.

Prequel.

Enterprise.

shhhhh....

Got to keep in mind this is the guy who has posted succesfully about most of the upcming Voyager episodes for the past three years months ahead of time.

AslanC Guest

Hey there, neato page but I couldn't find any info on the 5th series.

Am I missing something? (Other than my brain-stem)

I make my 'disbelief' roll...

*rattle rattle rattle spin...*

I succeed!

The illusion vanishes like mist.

Prequel = Continuity Nightmare + No possibility for serious threats to the Federation, since we know how it turns out.

You know, of course, that this theory about ST V was first posted on the net several years ago, is now practically an urban legend, and TPTB have repeatedly said that none of the major show theories on the net so far are close.

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited 02-16-2001).]

Arrow

2 Cents

Unless this is a deception plan or Moskrovka on the order in size of that of D-Day's complete with false scipts, storyboards and the like (that carfully missplaced placed page n half of scipt in the elevator at Paramount, type stuff) I see no reason why this rumor should have lived as long as it has in comparission to its contempories; SF Academy and the Klingon based show, unless there is some grian of truth to be had in it.

Like it was mentioned on the link the concept of prequal does not limit itself to the BOTF only, what about the Big E B and C based series, (for that matter what about Excellsior). And contray to held Belief I don;t think B&B are out to rewrite Trek history because that would upset moma R and we don't want that as she is pretty well miffed anyways. I mean building a new fan base is all good and well but they need US even if they don't realise it, Yet!

From Scifi.com

Updated 1:36pm ET on 16-February-2001

9:00am ET, 16-February-01

Trek Series Set For Fall

Viacom, parent of UPN and Paramount, told a group of investment analysts that it would indeed premiere a new Star Trek series in the fall, according to a report by On24 media reporter Rick Ellis. Ellis said that Viacom executives were vague about the premise of the series, which would be the fifth Trek show since the original Star Trek aired on NBC in 1966.

Rumors have suggested that the new series, being developed by Star Trek: Voyager executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, will center on the early days of the Federation, in the days before the original series. Berman has denied those rumors. Voyager is winding up its seven-year run this season.

It's likely that the new Trek series could face delays, like all fall television shows, if writers' and actors' unions go on strike this spring.

What about Captain Braxton travelling back to change Federation history? That would make things more interesting. And they can always keep you in suspense as to whether such and such a world gains admission...