Thread: The Hall of Fire, Issue #2

The Hall of Fire, Issue #2

I apologize to all who have been anticipating the next issue of the webzine, but here it is..... the new issue of <i>The Hall of Fire</i>. It continues the discussion of character creation, more optional rules, a new ally, character sheet, and a whole lot more!

So please check it out and send your questions, commments, and suggestions to: codawebzine@hotmail.com

Thank you for your support

GandalfOfBorg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks great, GoB! I'm working on a couple things right now, and will be sending some stuff along to the HoF soon.

Great work. I hope you keep moving forward with it, esp. since it seems Decipher might be pulling the plug on the game officially.

I have not read it real close yet but flipped/scrolled through it and it looked like there are several good sections. I did look at the four page character sheet included and really like the layout. I may have to print me one of those and use it.

My group has been working on a slightly expanded set of guidelines with reguard to healing and healing rolls. We use them a lot in our game and it add a nice dynamic and thought you might like them as something to possibly be included in a future issue. Would that be somethink of interest?

Later
    mcb
    Matthew Birch
    mcb8@po.cwru.edu

Another winner! Noticed a post on the main forum by someone (I think a Thror) who said he was submitting an article on Rohan for the February issue - can't wait for that.

If you have any need for more articles, feel free to ask me and I'll see what I can do. I've a fair amount of older material already written (a mini-adventure, some NPCs, a few items) if you have any interest in those, and if you only want new material I have another adventure in the works (though I really refuse to say when it will be done as I never know when I'll hit a road-block in it's development ).

Just post here in reply or private message me if you have any need for material. If you don't reply, just keep in mind that you are totally welcome to use anything I've already done for the game! I may have a bit more free time now for writing, as I've passed the beginning of school and things have slowed down for the time being; until I either start soccer season or get a part-time job, whichever comes first.

Rambling on as usual, sorry.

The Webzine's official site has been updated with the new issue release as well as a link to download the Character Sheet separate.

We're glad everyone is enjoying the mag and keep the submission requests coming!

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-lotrwebzine

PS - This is a question that may come up when looking at the Character Sheet which I put together.

1) The column on the Skills page with Header - "Skill Category" is for the following codes:

R for racial skills
    O for order skills
    N for Non order skills

This is for the purpose of advancements to know what it will cost to raise that particular skill. I also use a house rule in my game that says the initial 5 picks a character gets in creation are ALL racial skills (for purposes of advancement).

2) The Miscellaneous Modifier Summary is a housekeeping section. As Narrator, I do not like a number just sitting in a Misc Modifier column with no definition. I added this section so that players may show source of all their modifiers for a particular skill. The player may need more room as a character advances, but it is a good start.

Enjoy
    Last edited by Tomcat; 01-23-2004 at 04:36 PM.

Just wanted to say "Thank you" for a great source of information. I am looking forward to future issues.

Hey, Gandalf, I'm getting an error message when I try to access the site. It says, "Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded." Is this an internal error or is my browser.

Anyway, what I was going to look for was the first issue. And then possibly find out about a subscription. Any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by JDHMorgan
    Anyway, what I was going to look for was the first issue. And then possibly find out about a subscription. Any info would be appreciated.
    The first issue is also available on these forums. Hop over to this thread:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...ight=hall+fire

Originally posted by JDHMorgan
    Hey, Gandalf, I'm getting an error message when I try to access the site. It says, "Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded." Is this an internal error or is my browser.

You might have better luck if you try earlier in the day - rather than at the evening when the bandwidth limits have already been exceeded.

Bump!

one last time

Ummmm.... GoB?

What are you doing?

I don't understand these last two posts.