Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One flake of snow....

And this is why a lot of Brits don't want a new currency - they've barely adapted to the current one! Honestly, you should have seen the fuss caused over the new designs for our coins - still the same value, just slightly smaller in size. As for measurements, I use metric except for cooking (because most of my recipe books are in pounds and ounces). Guess I'm one of the exceptions, but changing to the Euro doesn't really bother me. OK, it won't have the Queen on it, but I'm not a big fan of the Royal Family anyway.
    "That might have been the biggest mistake of my life..."

"It is unlikely. I predict there is scope for even greater mistakes in the future given your obvious talent for them."

Vila and Orac, Blake's Seven

The main reason us brits don't want to give up our own currencies is for the simple fact it gives more power to europe, and the british are not entirely sure if this is a good idea or not. Centralising the European monetary system could be a bad idea could be a good. Main problem right now is the British economy is actually pretty strong at present, while the euro zone isn't as strong.

In many ways I would like to see us join the Euro, but only if the situation merits it (which at the present time i don't think it does) I don't agree with any of the major parties, so of late voted for independants.