Thread: Question about effects of the elements on combat.

Watertown, WI (between Madison and Milwaukee), USA

Question about effects of the elements on combat.

Does anyone know if there are rules for combat (or even rules for making skill checks) in inclimate conditions? For example, in bitter cold, or in a downpour, or in extreme heat.

I don't have the corebook anywhere near me, but I don't recall there being anything about it listed in there.

If not, does anyone have some ideas for modifiers to skill checks made under these types of conditions?
    In the hierarchy of living organisms, it's snakes all the way down.

In the chapter on the rules, there's a whole chart for physical test modifiers, including bad weather. The page number is in the 220's to 240's somewhere. I don't have my book handy.

Combat rolls fall under physical tests, naturally.

The man who knows the answers!

Thanks alot Ineti. I guess I could have waited and found it eventually on my own, but I figured that since I'm at work and didn't have the book with me, and there's a few of you folks who know the corebook well and save us lesser humans a lot of time endlessly searching, I might as well ask

Thanks again,
    Reptile

Glad to be of service. The chart is actually on page 218 of the core book...

As usual, Ineti answers the question.

For an example of how these modifiers work out, you could (please!) check out Barahir's Ring! I always love feedback of any kind, especially when the people tell me what elements (the other kind of elements ) of it they liked best. Here's the link to the thread:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...&threadid=9321

Thanks for checking it out if you do ReptileJK!

(P.S. Hey Ineti, did you ever have any time to look at it? I'm sure you're busy, but as always I love criticism, especially from high up )

Hey Ben Hur,
    Be glad to check it out. Unfortunately, my computer didn't like the file too much and wouldn't open it. Is this a problem on my end, or is there something wrong with the file?

Let me know, as I'd like to check it out.
    Thanks

Ouch, hope it's nothing wrong with the file! Do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader? Perhaps you could try out the fancier version (with pictures and so on) at this link:

http://www.rjritchie.com/scorn/lotr/barahirs_ring.pdf

Just tell me if that doesn't work, and maybe I could copy and paste the text of the adventure onto a normal post, or some other such device. Thanks for the interest.