Thread: Some info from the folks at Decipher

Watertown, WI (between Madison and Milwaukee), USA

Some info from the folks at Decipher

A little while ago, I emailed a customer service rep at Decipher, and this was her response (see below for my questions to her). Sort of ambiguous responses, but better than nothing.

"Hi

We love Jeff! He is an amazing employee and you're right when you say he's one of the bright spots. Unfortunately, we weren't in a position to move him to the East Coast, nor was he to leave the L.A. area as far as I know.

In re. to our RPGs, I'm not sure what's going to happen. I do know that we have not discontinued the line. We have moved everything back to Norfolk. It was very difficult to manage everything from so far away. The RPG players have been very patient. I think you'll see some of the adventures that were written and approved showing up on decipher.com in the very near future. As far as production of new titles go, we are working on a plan to continue the lines. More on that soon...

Thanks,
    Monica"

"Hi Monica,
    Just read on the message board that Decipher has transferred it's RPG headsquarters from LA to Norfolk. What implications does this have for the RPG? Your consumuers need some upfrontness about this. Is the RPG dead? Can we expect it to continue? We've been very loyal to your company and we're all worried that the rug will be pulled out from under us.

Also, what was the purpose of firing Jeff? I realize you can't divulge specifics, but he was one of the bright spots on the message boards.
    Thank you very much for your time"

In the hierarchy of living organisms, it's snakes all the way down.

Foreboding, that is

I wonder what this means for Star Trek RPG.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Why is that foreboding? What part of "I do know that we have not discontinued the line." and "As far as production of new titles go, we are working on a plan to continue the lines." is bad?

It actually sounds fairly promising to me.
    Greg

"The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had."
    Madworld, Donnie Darko.

My line of thinking is that resourses were just pushed into the CCG while the movies were coming out since thats their most profitable asset. The RPG was put to the side, since its not as big a draw, and will hopefully be back up soon.

The fact that the letter says their trying to work things out is very encouraging.

Good news indeed.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

alright!!.. just as i was reading this i was listening to opening credits of the ST:3 soundtrack.