Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Five Wizards

Janus, you might find they names in Middle Earth, plus a lot of the HOME series are created from notes that Tolkien had done, but hadn't finalised so i take everything in the them with a pinch of salt.

Well, everything in the HOME series is seminal work. But in spite of (or perhaps because of) that, there are many interesting ideas to be found there!

I drew ideas for 3 entire campaigns just by reading Morgoth's Ring and Sauron Defeated. Currently I'm running a chronicle based upon the Fall of Eregion (see the thread in the other forum). I took most of my historical material from the Unfinished Tales, esp. the part about Númenor and the origins of Celeborn and Galadriel.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by Grimbeorn
    Janus, you might find they names in Middle Earth, plus a lot of the HOME series are created from notes that Tolkien had done, but hadn't finalised so i take everything in the them with a pinch of salt.

An understandable position.

That is a common problem with most Tolkien sources; there are necessarily conflicting version resulting from his changes of opinion. Of course, only the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are final, that is, after publication he felt, quite naturally, reluctant to alter substantially any element in them. Other works, like Unfinished Tales, (that, for all effects, is HoME vol.0), and even the published Silmarilion are not ‘canon,’ since he never considered them to be final either, (and the published Silmarilion is not even entirely JRR’s work, at least in one passage it was Christopher’s work).

Nevertheless, I generally tend to give greater relevance to his later choices. These are, as a rule, more elaborated than his previous, and represented his last known view of things. Besides, without HoME, we would have lost many wondrous elements of Middle Earth. It enriches tenfold his universe.

Captain Novais:

É sempre bom encontrar outro falante da bela lingua Portuguesa, (digam o que disserem, é elfico! )
    We come, we are not seen, and inevitably, we conquer.

First and Last, there is Duty.

Romulan Proverbs

Okay... That sounds like a Radagst campaign perhaps to see what has happened to the other two wizards...

If I get together some players and start something I'll let you know

Hehehehehe, português é tudo!

Então, temos você, o Helegond, eu mesmo... alguém mais é lusófono por aqui?
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

Originally posted by Captain Novaes
    Hehehehehe, português é tudo!

Então, temos você, o Helegond, eu mesmo... alguém mais é lusófono por aqui?
    Não, ninguém que eu conheça, pelo menos.
    We come, we are not seen, and inevitably, we conquer.

First and Last, there is Duty.

Romulan Proverbs