Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliant's Character Generator

Question Reliant's Character Generator

Has anybody heard from Reliant about his very very awsome character generator program?

I was wondering if he or anybody else was going to be updating the datafiles in it to include stuff from the Player's Guide.

I started doing it myself, but I am about 1/2 through the early life stuff and it has taken 3 hours! Man, that is a lot of work

Where can we find it ? Is it in the Computer Core ?

------------------
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Yup

Lightbulb

Whew! I think I have put 8 hours into it now. I have all the new Early Life packages and the Acadamy Life packages from the Players Guide added in. They *seam* to be working right.

If nobody else has done this yet, anybody want to help? I could use somebody to write .txt files that list the skills and such for all those things. A seperate .txt file for each package. It is the description that appears in the window when you select a choice for the character.

Any takers?

You know, I've used this a couple of times, but the psychic species' Psionic Skills never make it into the finished character file. Any idea why that is?

mactavish out.

I didn't notcei that. It looks like it wont accept skills without a specialization.

I just got it working by adding a specialization to the skill called "No_Specialization"

Well, I finished up to the Cadet Cruises today. Everything is looking great.

BUT I discovered a bug. It doesn't seam to track the Empath edge. I think he probably just has a typo in the source code.

Does anybody know Reliant's email address? I tried the one in the computer core today, same as the one in the readme. I got mail returned.

FYI, Reliant is no longer maintaining that program, but turned the code for it over to me. Real life has prevented me from doing much to date, but there have been some updates. I have tried submitting the update here a couple of times, but none have been accepted as yet.

I am open to suggestions and problem reports, and hope to look into them soon.

I am also considering some plans for a major reworking of the editor as well, so wish lists would not be out of line either.

Cool

I've actually created 'modules' for several of the sourcebooks, for use with Reliants's character generator. I started months ago working on the Player's Guide, but it ewas so hard, I stopped. Until late, I figured out it was actually pretty easy. I have finished the Price of Freedom, Player's Guide, All Our Yesterdays, Vulcans, First Line, and I am working on Way of Dera, DS9 Core, and RRR.
    Unfortunately, I am writing on my laptop right noew, because my PC is in the shop, but as soon as it's back, I 'll link up one or two of the modules.

------------------
    I fight fires 'cause the voices tell me to...

AslanC Guest

Hey Larry!

Lost track of you when the Trek-Net mailing list went down. Glad to see you are still around. Drop me an e-mail sometime.

For everyone else, I have the last verison Larry sent me on my webpage, just go to...
    http://www.geocities.com/aslan_collas/st_utilities.html

And download the Zip.

If anyone has a more updated version (lkike the one with all that stuff that was just mentioned) I would be more than willing to host it on my webpage.

Anyone made it possible to make Enlisted with it yet?

I have an enlisted generator, but as I posted earlier, I don't have it on my laptop, but on my PC in the shop. I'll post that as soon as I get it back.

------------------
    I fight fires 'cause the voices tell me to...

I'd like to see these add on modules. I hope they post them on the site here soon. Dont know when that'll be as Don is in for a sinus operation.

Karg

Originally posted by AslanC:
    Lost track of you when the Trek-Net mailing list went down. Glad to see you are still around. Drop me an e-mail sometime.
    Anyone who needs to get a hold of me can do so at Larry_Widing@compuserve.com .

I would also be interested in seeing the additional data that has been added to the program, as well as problems encountered.

I have recently downloaded Larry's updated version of the generator. It is a grand improvement. I am also working on updating the files. But one question. Can you add new races & if so how? I am e-mailing Larry soon too & will ask him as I don't know how often he has been able to get to the boards.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

------------------
    Captain Darkbane
    U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709
    "Set Phasers to Stun? who's idea was that? {resets phaser to disrupt} They'll never notice."

Thumbs up

Thanks all for doing this . . . even though this is a work in progress . . . I understant that . . . good work so far . . . keep it up. :-)

------------------
    "See Everything; overlook a great deal; correct a little." -Pope John XXIII