Thread: Angel Cancelled

Unhappy Angel Cancelled

The WB's webpage has posted a press release indicating that this season of Angel is to be its last.

That sucks!
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

C'est la vie I guess. Too bad actually after what I found to be an awful last season it seemed to be picking up again this year.

Arrow

It was awful last season, even to the point where they lose two good characters, most especially Cordelia. Although we got Spike, we also got Harmony.

Personally, I think the "Angel of Wolfram & Hart" premise for this season is getting tired. And I thought that having Spike would make Angel more interesting, it did not.

FWIW, we might have a spin-off, featuring Spike.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Pardon the pun, but this BITES!

Oh, well. The franchise has jumped networks before.

OTOH, now Joss will have more free time to work on Firefly.
    + &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;<

Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. Psalm 144:1

Originally posted by Sarge
    OTOH, now Joss will have more free time to work on Firefly.
    I'd buy into that.

Arrow

Don't get too hopeful. The Firefly movie project may still fall through. Let's face it, folks, Hollywood is done with Whedon. He's no JJ Abrams (creator of Alias).
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by REG
    Don't get too hopeful. The Firefly movie project may still fall through. Let's face it, folks, Hollywood is done with Whedon.

On what do you base this statement?

Originally posted by REG
    He's no JJ Abrams (creator of Alias).
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Alias kicked to the curb after this year, as well. Its ratings haven't been terribly good since the first season. It's only one *once* during February sweeps. Generally, when executives don't have confidence in a show's ability to win its slot during sweeps, it gets pre-empted. Once, for the Oscars, would be easily explained. But three of four weeks off isn't good.

So, if Alias gets cancelled, will you then say that Hollywood is "done" with JJ Abrams?

He's no JJ Abrams (creator of Alias).
    And apparently neither is JJ Abrams, lately.

I am a big Alias fan but frankly the show has lost its way. Though the big mid-season finale of season 2 (not spoiling it for those who haven't seen it) was a bold, gutsy move, the series has languished since then.

I have been waiting for Abrams to swing the show back on track (the whole Rambaldi agenda) but all we seem to get is the endless Syndey/Vaughn saga - which was interesting when it contrasted the double-agent sub-plot and the Rambaldi-subplot, but doesn't hold much interest in the current subplot collection.

Alias was amazing cause it had 3 strong subplots running in the background plus numerous small threads. The current batch of subplots (the Covenant, Sloane's allegiance, and Vaugn) are a pale shadow of the plots of seasons past. Big IMHO here.

Like I said, I am a big fan of Alias but I think its run out of juice. Ironically, I feel the same way about Angel. Its better than last season but honestly I am rapidly loosing interest.

Now Whedon needs to start working on Ripper.
    I love deadlines - I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by
    - The late Douglas Adams