View Poll Results: Which folks perpetuating the EU thread do you think should be banned?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • BouncyCaitian, for starting the damn thing in the first place. What WERE you thinking?

0 0%
  • Snake_Plissken, for generally offensive remarks all around, on so many levels ('nuff said).

2 100.00%
  • StyroFoam Man, for being a reactionary then trying to jest about his immature responses.

0 0%
  • Liz Not Beth, for blindly backing Styro up as usual, then surpassing him in none-too-subtle threats.

0 0%
  • Ezri's Toy, for actually attempting to play fair, quote facts, and generally act like an adult.

0 0%
  • Phantom, for buying into hate rhetoric about Muslims almost as badly as Snake buys into it about Jews.

0 0%
  • First of Two, for wading in late despite the fact that a Moderator had already spoken on the subject.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Which folks perpetuating the EU political thread do you think should be banned?

Which folks perpetuating the EU political thread do you think should be banned?

Needless to say, I'm not out to make any friends amongst these folks.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Talking

Well, actually RaconteurX should be banned for perpertuating the thread, even indirectly.

Even after I had given my Mea Culpa to the moderator. So :P
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Well, I don't know if this is a serious poll or not. I don't see any smilies, so I'm assuming it is.

I don't think anyone should be banned, except political threads. It's obvious from the EU thread that people can't discuss politics on this board anymore -- at least not without it degenerating into nastiness.

*shrugs*

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Parked within 10 feet of 29 degrees, 57' N, 90 degrees, 8' W. Did I mention my new phone has GPS?
    Heh. I'm suprised I'm not on the list, despite staying clear of the EU thread...
    "If it ain't the Devil's music, you ain't doin' it right" -- Chris Thomas King

"C makes for an awfully long lever." - H. Beam Piper

I'm with Queeg on this one. Although I enjoy a political debate as much as the next man, I try to abide Don's request. If folks can't discuss such subjects w/o turning them into verbal slugfests, it is better for everyone to respect the ban.

And BTW, RaconteurX... I don't think banning people is the answer, either.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    <div align="center"><center><table border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" bordercolor="#000080"><tr><td><center><br><font face=verdana><font color="#000080"><font size="2">I am</font><br><font size=8><font face=symbol>p</font></font><br><br><font size=2>Everyone loves pi</font></font><br><font color="#FFFFFF">_</font></font></td></tr></table></center></div><br><center><font face=verdana><font size=2><a href="http://www.geocities.com/eyecanspy/numberquiz">what number are you?</a></font><font size=1><br><br>this quiz by <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/orsa">orsa</a></font></font></center>

I occasionally visit other boards where political discussion is allowed. In almost every case, it soon degenerates into petty bickering and name calling.

The point is, these are opinions people hold close to their heart: politics, religion, money ... there may be others.

You generally can't have a civil discussion about them with those who hold different opinions. Oh, I don't doubt it's possible for some folks, that's why I said "generally".

So it comes down to what tone you want the board to have. Additionally, political threads can get active as folks generally feel more inclined to comment -- so the matter becomes economic for the board operator, as well: does he want to pay for all that bandwidth/storage?

If it was my board, and I'd made the 'no political threads' rule, then I'd issue a warning to *all* participants, to the effect that a repeat occurrence would result in a banning. But I wouldn't ban anyone unless they were already under such a probation.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    This thread is useless sniping on your part, Raconteur.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Just wait one damn minute here. I never said that I hate Muslims (a very good friend of mine is a Saudi) in general I know that 90% of Muslims probably dislike what the other 10% are doing. I was talking about specific factions (PA and Al-Qiada as example.) And I resent this whole thread. Up until now I didn't think anyone should be turfed from this board, but since you asked Raconteur I place my vote for you.

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    Joy to the world, the thread is CLOSED.
    So's this one...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.