Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode I: Reconstruction

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Not really skilled in this area, Lumok decides he'd better leave his present position. Figuring that if the other lifeform is here for a similar reason as him, he has a better chance at ripping off stuff somewhere else, like the decks with personnel quarters. "He can have whatever he likes here, but I will get my share," he thinks and runs off in the direction of the nearest lift access that works.
    There seems to be a turbolift approximately 20m from your current location. Upon boarding it you find that the controls are operational and that it does work.

Quickly, in a hushed voice, Lumok calls out for the nearest deck with living quarters. If that doesn't work, he attempts to use the console to get him to the next floor below.

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Quickly, in a hushed voice, Lumok calls out for the nearest deck with living quarters. If that doesn't work, he attempts to use the console to get him to the next floor below.
    You move two decks up, at the base of the living quarters.

Getting off, Lumok carefully looks about, keeping his disruptor at arm's length and an eye to the tricorder in the hope that whatever the lifeform is doesn't follow him. After checking on that, he turns his attention to the nearest door to some personal quarters. He scans the door to see if there is power going to it. If so, he opens it. If not, he tears off a nearby panel to engage the manual release.

Daru arrives at Starbase 113 in the same manner he’s arrived at hundreds of starports before it; aboard a mercenary vessel, trading his skill with a blade and his technical expertise for cheap, albeit dangerous, transportation. As the Andorian disembarks to the vacant docking bay, his antennae twitch in anticipation as he scans the semi-dark, dilapidated environment. When he realizes he is completely alone, he allows his hand to leave the handle of his hrisal (the Andorian scimitar that he wears at his belt) and investigates the wreckage around him.

Daru will find the nearest com-panel and signal for anyone else that may be aboard. Is this place as empty and desolate as it feels? In seeing the mess of electronic equipment laying about, Daru mutters to himself in typical Andorian arrogance, “I see why they brought me along.” However, he is secretly excited to begin working and dives right in without even finding his quarters first. After all, alien technology and archaeology, especially Klingon, is his hobby. Whether or not he hears from anyone on the com-panel, he will begin with trying to restore regular power to the station.

Systems Engineering roll: (6+1 dice) (+3 Engineering) (+2 Intellect) (+2 specialty in Systems) = 14
    Last edited by simkn; 03-10-2004 at 12:44 PM.

Daru arrives at Starbase 113 in the same manner he’s arrived at hundreds of starports before it; aboard a mercenary vessel, trading his skill with a blade and his technical expertise for cheap, albeit dangerous, transportation. As the Andorian disembarks to the vacant docking bay, his antennae twitch in anticipation as he scans the semi-dark, dilapidated environment. When he realizes he is completely alone, he allows his hand to leave the handle of his hrisal (the Andorian scimitar that he wears at his belt) and investigates the wreckage around him.
    What tools do you have with you?

Starbase 105, 05:10 hrs.

After the meeting with the admiral and senior staff of Starbase 113, Commander Corbin O'Riley heads out of the briefing room to the nearest turbolift. When he get's to the turbolift, he gives the computer the command to go to the deck and section where his quarters are. When he gets there, he starts packing up his personal belongs for his new assignment to Starbase 113. After packing his things he slumps down in his desk chair and picks up a PADD on his desk and enters his personal log:

Personal Log: Stardate 56359, 05:40 Hrs.

I've just been promoted and assigned to my first command today from Admiral Duffy. And... and all I can say right now is WOW.. I can't believe it, I hope I live up to the challange and don't let him and Starfleet down.

Anyways.. I just got done packing up my belongings from my temporary home here and I better hurry too because the admiral is waiting for me on the Solstice at 05:45 hrs. So I don't have much time.

End Log

After Corbin ends his log, he puts down the PADD on the desk. And heads out of the room heading to the nearest turbolift and transporter room to beam over to the Solstice.
    Riggen Out.

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    What tools do you have with you?
    Probably just a tricorder, a beam weapon, and the hrisal sword. Living as a rogue he's never had his own tools, just using whatever's available, and he probably doesn't yet have any Starfleet-issued equipment.

He will look around for any engineering equipment laying around that might aid him. While sifting through the random things laying about, he thinks to himself, "Where is Starfleet?"

If the computer terminals are working, he will check the nearest one for any report on Starfleet's whereabouts. He will also ask for the log of the most recent arrivals to and departures from the station (hoping for some clue as to the cause of the disarray here).

If he finds out nothing that way, or if the terminals are down, he will head for the nearest turbolift to Engineering, thinking it the most likely place that any remaining tools would be stashed.

U.S.S. Solstice
    Stardate 50813.46
    24 October 2373, 05:41 hours

Meredith reviewed Solstice's manifest and status summaries for the third time in as many hours, noting to her satisfaction that Starbase 105's quartermaster had at long last followed through fully on her equipment and supply requisitions. A slow grin played across her features. At times it is very useful, she thought, to have an Admiral as a godparent.

"Transporter Room 1 to Lt. Cmdr. Davies."

Meredith thumbed the confirmation button on the PADD screen as she handed it to Yeoman Juwari. "Davies here."

"Hidalgo here, sir. Cmdr. O'Riley will be beaming aboard in a few minutes."

"Thank you, Chief. Please assemble the honor crew. I'll be down shortly." Meredith stood, adjusting her uniform as she turned to Operations. "Lt. Pohjola, you have the con."

"Aye, sir."

Exiting the bridge on the port side, as was her custom, Meredith made her way aft to the turbolift. "Deck Two," she said, once the doors had shushed behind her. Moments later, they opened on Deck Two and she exited, turning to port and making her way aft once again. She noted with approval that the honor crew had already fallen in along both sides of the corridor to Transporter Room 1. They snapped to attention as she turned the corner. "At ease," she chuckled. "Save it for the Commander."

She entered Transporter Room 1, nodded to the assembled crew, and took her place at the center of the room. "Chief Hidalgo, you may inform Starbase 105 that we are ready to receive transport on their signal."

"Signal given, sir."

The characteristic hum of heterodyne transporter oscillations filled the room and, amidst the particle stream, a form coalesced. Three high notes sounded as Chief Hidalgo blew the bosun's whistle. Meredith felt, more than saw or heard, the honor crew behind her come to attention.

"Welcome aboard Solstice, Cmdr. O'Riley."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-12-2004 at 02:53 AM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

O.C.C.: Sorry ReconteurX... I gave the wrong Stardate in my character's personal log, it should read 46359.. sorry about the goof, I was tired when I wrote the entry.

As Commander O'Riley's pattern materialized on the transporter pad in Transporter Room 1, he saw the honor crew standing at attention. "Thank you Lt. Commander and at ease everyone!, and thank you for making me feel very welcome; I really appreciate it", Corbin addresses to her and the crew.
    Riggen Out.

Meredith smiled. "You're welcome, sir. I thought you would enjoy a smattering of ritual, this being your first command and all." She gestured toward the doors. "I presume you will want to make an appearance on the bridge?"
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

"Absolutely Lt. Cmdr." Corbin says to Merideth with a smile. "Lead the way", "Dismissed everyone" he says as he walks off the platform. O'Riley follows Lt. Cmdr. Davies leading the way lout of the Transporter room. When they leave the room he asks Lt. Cmdr. Davies "Uhmm I didn't catch your name Lt. Cmdr." as they're walking down the hall. When they leave the room the rest of the officers start fanning out and leave the room.
    Last edited by David Riggen; 03-31-2004 at 09:04 PM.
    Riggen Out.

Meredith paused before the turbolift doors. "Davies, sir. Meredith. Friends call me Meri." She gestured once again when the turbolift arrived and allowed Cmdr. O'Riley to enter first. "Deck One," she ordered.

A few seconds passed and the doors opened. Meredith allowed Cmdr. O'Riley to exit first and directed him starboard and forward. As was Meredith's custom, they entered the bridge from starboard.

Lt. Pohjola stood and turned toward them. "Captain on deck," he called out, coming to attention. The three other crew hastened to attention.

[OOC] U.S.S. Solstice

By the way, I have been using Publius' basic Nova-class deck plans as my model... although I would love it were we to have a Type II bridge like that on the update.

O.C.C.: Thanks ReconteurX for the heads up on the Nova Class Deck Plans, they are very helpful.. so I know where I'm going and don't hit my head on any bulkheads

"Thank you all, and at ease everyone please.. I am Commander Corbin O'Riley and I run a fairly loose ship around here" Corbin said. "So, lets get this relationship off to a good start and introduce ourselves."

O.C.C.: Is this bridge crew the same crew I will have on Starbase 113?
    Last edited by David Riggen; 04-01-2004 at 12:46 AM.
    Riggen Out.