Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Episode I: Reconstruction

Meanwhile, Daru is trying to restore primary power systems. He will look around Engineering for any tools that will be of use, then go to work.

Systems Engineering roll: (6+3 dice) (+3 Engineering) (+2 Intellect) (+2 specialty in Systems) = 16

Deciding that there were too many replicators to haul out and it would be a bit obvious, Lumok decides to start with lifting the computer terminals and begins to dismantle the one in this room from the wall.

OOC: What should I roll for that? (if you don't think it unfeasible for him)

Originally posted by GandalfOfBorg
    Deciding that there were too many replicators to haul out and it would be a bit obvious, Lumok decides to start with lifting the computer terminals and begins to dismantle the one in this room from the wall.

OOC: What should I roll for that? (if you don't think it unfeasible for him)
    Since I don't see that you have System Engineering, I would say that Lumok would have no idea what he is doing, therefore not possible.

OOC: Would it be possible for him to use his tricorder to help in the attempt (have it scan the structure and determine how to remove it)? If so,

Sys Op (Sensors) - (6+4) + 5 - 2 = 13

OOC: Would it be possible for him to use his tricorder to help in the attempt (have it scan the structure and determine how to remove it)? If so,

Sys Op (Sensors) - (6+4) + 5 - 2 = 13
    You can remove it by unlatching the four magnetic locks in each corner.

"Ahh, easier than I thought," Lumok mutters to himself, smiling as he removes the magnetic locks. Now with everything disengaged, he pulls out the terminal [if needed, Strength - (5+4) + 0 = 9]

The panel comes out after a few tugs.

Grinning with glee, Lumok proceeds to do this in the other rooms on this level that have computer terminals and dragging them to the room he has claimed.

Roll strength 3 more times.

Originally posted by simkn
    Meanwhile, Daru is trying to restore primary power systems. He will look around Engineering for any tools that will be of use, then go to work.

Systems Engineering roll: (6+3 dice) (+3 Engineering) (+2 Intellect) (+2 specialty in Systems) = 16
    There appears to be an engineers kit in the far corner. I'dlike you to roll the same roll that you did before, but I'd like you to do it 18 times as per rules of the extended tests.

Strength #1 - (5+4) + 0 = 9
    Strength #2 - (6+5) + 0 = 11
    Strength #3 - (5+1) + 0 = 6

You are able to recover 2 out of the remaining three, The last one seems to be stuck in the wall.

Originally posted by Lt Cmdr Matt
    There appears to be an engineers kit in the far corner. I'dlike you to roll the same roll that you did before, but I'd like you to do it 18 times as per rules of the extended tests.
    My 18 rolls, after adding 7 to each (+3 Engineering +2 Intellect +2 Specialty in Systems) :

19, 15, 12, 14, 18, 15, 12, 13, 10, 15, 16, 12, 13, 17, 14, 13, 11, 15

"That's a good start, now let's see what the other levels hold for me."

Lumok proceeds to hide the terminals and then heads to the lift to go to the other levels with living quarters to remove those terminals as well and bringing them down to the quarters where he hid the others.

Conceal (Cache) - (3+4) + 7 + 2 = 16

OOC: Fortunately he won't be interupted by the newcomer
    How many more Strength checks will I need?

U.S.S. Solstice
    Stardate 50865.98
    12 November 2373, 10:03 hours

Meredith furrowed her brow as she reviewed the latest brief from Starfleet Intelligence. Open war with Cardassia and the Dominion seemed imminent. Ten months had passed since the Founder spy at the Klingon Imperial Court was exposed, and the situation had steadily deteriorated in the interim. A pang of conscience flashed through her mind. My particular talents would be better utilized in Strategic Operations, not managing some obscure outpost on the Klingon-Romulan frontier. Yet the prospect of ordering people to their deaths from sixty light-years away continues to frighten me. Uncle Jack knows that. Is my presence here due to a desire on his part to shield me from my self-doubt? Despite the importance of this mission, it still feels as if I'm shirking a greater responsibility.

Lt. Gorlick stirred her from her reverie. "Lt. Cmdr., we've entered the Pheben system." His hands played across the console of the Sciences station, coaxing data from the ship's sensors. "Estimate one hundred million kilometers to Starbase 113."

"Very good, Mr. Gorlick. Mr. Haro, slow to one-half impulse and put us on approach vector."

"Aye, sir. Starbase 113 in eleven minutes, thirty-eight seconds."

"Thank you, Mr. Haro." From her console, Meredith opened an intraship comm channel. "Bridge to Cmdr. O'Riley. Sir, we've arrived."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-16-2004 at 09:05 AM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy