Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Episode I: Reconstruction

"All right lt. Cmdr., I'll be be there in a few minutes" Corbin answered. "O"Riley out", said O'Riley as he signed off and left his quarters for the bridge.
    Riggen Out.

"Aye, sir." Meredith rose, stepped forward to the rail overlooking Flight Control, assumed a relaxed stance with arms folded behind her back. "Mr. Gorlick, scan for nearby vessels. Mr. Timmins, open hailing frequencies to Starbase 113."

"Aye, sir," came the chorus.

Several minutes passed. Meredith glanced over her shoulder at Communications.

Ens. Timmins shook his head. "No response to hails, sir."

Lt. Gorlick looked up from his station. "Sir, sensors show no other vessels in the vicinty. Starbase 113 appears to be operating on emergen... hang on! Correction, sir. Main power has just been restored."

"It appears someone is home after all. Scan for lifeforms, Mr. Gorlick."

"Um, sir... it's a veritable zoo over there. Only two humanoid lifeforms, though."

"Mr. Timmins, continue hailing. Mr. Gorlick, perform a detailed scan of the station as soon as we are in range, and inform me of your results."

Once again came the chorus, "Aye, sir."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-16-2004 at 10:12 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

U.S.S. Solstice
    Stardate 50866
    12 November 2373, 10:14 hours

"Lt. Cmdr., we've entered transporter range. Our humanoids are a Ferengi and an Andorian. The Ferengi is moving around the habitat level, and the Andorian appears to be in Main Engineering."

Meredith frowned. "They must be looters... I don't recall our crew manifest or the Klingons' including either. Lock on to both. Inform Chief Hidalgo to beam them directly to the brig."

"Aye, sir."

"Chief, on my mark... energize."

[OOC] I'll use the Technician from pp. 238-9 of the Narrator's Guide for Chief Hidalgo's stats. The result of his System Operation (Transporter) test would be (6 first die + 3 second die + 4 skill level + 2 specialty + 2 INT mod. =) 17.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-19-2004 at 08:27 AM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

[OOC] I'll use the Technician from pp. 238-9 of the Narrator's Guide for Chief Hidalgo's stats. The result of his System Operation (Transporter) test would be (6 first die + 3 second die + 4 skill level + 2 specialty + 2 INT mod. =) 17.
    Both of them are successfully beamed from the station to the brig.

Of all the things...

As Lumok was taking the lift to another level to retrieve more equipment with thoughts of latinum on his mind, he feels the familiar tingle of a transporter beam. "Arrrrrrgh!" When he reappears in what he recalls as a Federation starship's holding cell, he puts his disruptor and PADD down on the floor and waits to be accused of something.

Commander O'Riley stepps out of and through the turbolift doors when he arrives at the bridge. When he arrives near the CO's chair (or Captains chair) he says "Status Report, Ms. Davies".
    Riggen Out.

Having restored main power to the station, Daru stands up and admires his handiwork. "Klingon technology... so simply constructed. Crude, but effective."

With main power in place, he is about to perform a full scan on the station and it's surroundings when suddenly he feels himself being whisked away by a transporter beam. Instinctively he reaches for the handle of his sword. By the time he dematerializes and reappears in the brig, the blade is already halfway drawn.

Daru is outraged, even more so when he realizes he is on a Federation vessel... imprisoned by his new crewmates before they've even begun working together.

OOC: Did the transporter chief beam Lumok and Daru to the same cell, or separate ones?

Meredith turned to face Cmdr. O'Riley. "Sir, we detected a pair of humanoid lifeforms on board Starbase 113 shortly after we dropped out of warp. We hailed the station but received no reply even after several minutes. When we closed to transporter range, Mr. Gorlick determined that our humanoids were a Ferengi and an Andorian. As members of neither species are among our or the Klingons' crew complements, it was my estimation that they were probably tech scavengers, and I had Chief Hidalgo transport them directly to the brig." She smiled. "I was about to hail you and suggest we meet on Deck Three at Security to question them. How do you care to proceed, sir?"

[OOC] The brig is a single room with three small forcefield-enclosed cells. Given that this method of transporter operation is probably pretty standard brig protocol, I would guess that Lumok and Daru are confined side by side but separately. Ultimately up to Matt, of course.

"Well Ms. Davies, That was certainly preemptive... uhmm... ok... let's see if our guests are enjoying their accomodations" Corbin says. Commander ORiley motions toward Merideth "After you"
    Riggen Out.

"Thank you, sir." Meredith exited the bridge to port, as was her custom, and turned aft. While waiting for the turbolift to arrive, she turned to Cmdr. O'Riley. "I hope you understand my decision to apprehend our two 'guests', sir. Given the delicate nature of this operation, I thought it best to err on the side of caution. It is quite possible our mission might draw spies and/or saboteurs. If you feel I overstepped my authority, however, I understand. Still, I think my record shows that my judgment, even when questioned by my superiors, has proven sound."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-21-2004 at 09:33 PM.

"That may be, Merideth"... "However please let me know next time before you make those command decisions if you can. Corbin says. "And I will let you know if it's appropriate or not". "DO I make my self clear Lt. Cmdr" Corbin says with emphasis looking at Merideth with semi stern eyes.
    Riggen Out.

"Like crystal, sir." Meredith stepped onto the turbolift after Cmdr. O'Riley. "Deck Three, Brig," she said, frowning. "Sir, permission to speak freely."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-28-2004 at 08:35 AM.

"Granted", said Commander O'Riley with a smile.
    Riggen Out.

"Thank you, sir. As you presumably have read my service jacket, it should come as no surprise to you that my decision-making always takes the long view, the big picture, into account. This is an extremely sensitive mission, with the Federation on the brink of war with the Dominion and the Cardassians. The presence of these two unknown individuals represents a potential breach of security which could compromise that mission. I had a choice: to catch them unawares or risk that they were hostile and planning to act on that. I'd rather not be known as the XO that let her CO screw the pooch on his first command by being too friendly, so I opted for the less diplomatic approach figuring you could use me as a scapegoat to smooth things over in the event my intuition proved incorrect." Meredith flushed, uncharacteristically feeling every bit as small as her 5'2" frame was in actuality. "That's all I wanted to say, sir."

[OOC] Sorry for the delay, folks. I wanted this piece of dialogue to be polished before posting, and it took me several days to think it through. That, and I had to work a bit of overtime this weekend and train a new coworker while I was at it.
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 04-26-2004 at 05:19 AM.

The turbolift doors opened. Meredith followed Cmdr. O'Riley out and around the corner to the brig. A tall, broad-shouldered man of primarily African ethnicity came to attention as they entered the room.

"At ease, Lt. Moreau. How are our 'guests'?"

"Fine, sir. The Andorian gentleman claims to be a colleague, and is quite non-plussed at being in our care. I allowed him to retain his blade as a courtesy. The Ferengi has invoked his right against self-incrimination, and would like to know of what crime he is accused." Moreau held up the disruptor and PADD. "He was carrying these."

Meredith took the PADD, examined it, handed it to Cmdr. O'Riley.