Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Episode I: Reconstruction

"Sir, I was not suggesting anything of the sort. I merely thought our 'guest' may be more communicative were the Klingons here and he understood that it is they who are handling Security. I am certain the Klingons will insist we hand him over, and be equally insistant that no Ferengi has withstood interrogation by a Klingon. I am also certain that, given the choice, our 'guest' would rather cooperate with us than face someone whose precision with a knife borders on the surgical. The Klingons appreciate stratagem; they will gladly follow our lead, if only to watch the Ferengi squirm. And if he still refuses to come clean," A sly grin crossed Meredith's face. "we can always actually hand him over to the Klingons."
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 05-18-2004 at 05:06 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

"Clearly since no one is willing to come to my defense, I will give you two things to consider before you arbitrarily decide my fate... First, where is your famous compassion and capacity for understanding? As I believe your laws are 'Innocent Until Proven Guilty'."

"Second, I fear no Klingon <i>p'tahk</i>," Lumoks says with ire raised, spitting the epithet of his enemy with ease. "One has already claimed the life of my father and nearly my own in a cheap show of treachery. Your idle threats do not concern me in the least. And if you require proof of that, I can readily give it to you."

"We have an old saying, back on Earth where I come from: 'You are more likely to meet a faerie than an innocent Ferengi.' At the least, you can expect to remain incarcerated while we investigate the veracity of your claims."

Meredith turned away from the Ferengi and stepped before the cell in which the Andorian was held. "And what is your story?"
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 05-18-2004 at 07:45 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

Utterly outraged at the disrespect, Lumok seethes. With a deft hand, he pulls out the d'k tahg that killed his father, clicked the blades open, and jammed it into the floor of the holding cell. "Is that proof enough for you??!"

Meredith glared over her shoulder in disgust at the Ferengi's tantrum. "Thank you. You have just given me probable cause to warrant placing you under arrest as a potential threat to the Klingon members of this station's complement. In light of your outburst, your presence here is even more suspect than before." She turned, gestured to Lt. Moreau. "Retrieve the weapon and have a full spectrum of forensic exams run on it. Have the report on my desk by 0800 tomorrow. Do the same for the disruptor, and have the contents of his PADD decrypted."

[OOC] Farewell...

Four and five-day gaps between posts do not make for much of a game and, as no one other than GandalfOfBorg and I has posted much (despite taking roles that in theory should require frequent posting), I am going to formally bow out. 'Twas fun while it lasted...