Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ENTERPRISE strongly rumored to end this year

Originally posted by tonyg
    One story would allow for the removal of such things as overemotional vulcan women, etc.
    In the lastest issue of ST Communicator ,Rick Berman stated that in the upcomming eps. Damage we find out T'Pol has become addicted to taking tiny doses of trellium so that she might become,to a point ,immuned to it's effects.Thats why she's been so emotional lately.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    It would even fit in with the current series as the Temp Cold War has already stated that First COntact with the Klingons happened too soon, so the timeline IS an alternate from the TOS/TNG/DS9/VOY timeline.
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    In the same issue Richard Arnold said that the timeline has been altered due to the events in Frist Contact.

Arrow

So, T'Pol have been taking minimal dose of trellium so that her body system can build up a resistance to it.

What is she? A ninja?

Let me guess? She's doing this in secret without medical supervision, i.e., Dr. Phlox.

Oy, vey.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

LAME!!
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

That is exactly why they waited so long to bring a TOS cast member back for TNG.
    What, you mean the DeForest Kelly cameo in "Encounter at Farpoint"... the TNG pilot episode?
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

If they use the Romulan War it will almost certainly be another rewrite on cannon, so they probably are not concerned about getting the year or events to match with cannon.
    There is very little canon about the Earth-Romulan war other than it happened, that neither side saw each other's faces, and the peace treaty was done by subspace radio. So that leaves a lot of room for stories about the Earth-Romulan war w/o contradicting any canon. Personally, I'd be very interested in seeing such a depiction on ENT rather than the current Xindi saga. And just b/c Starfleet never sees the Romulans doesn't mean we the audience can't. It would be interesting to also see the war from the Romulan perspective.

In the last interview with Rick Berman I read, the Xindi story arc will finish its run at the end of this season and Enterprise will start up a new story. Whether this also means that the Temporal Cold War story is also finished wasn't discussed.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

Arrow

Originally posted by Jem'hadar

There is very little canon about the Earth-Romulan war other than it happened, that neither side saw each other's faces, and the peace treaty was done by subspace radio. So that leaves a lot of room for stories about the Earth-Romulan war w/o contradicting any canon. Personally, I'd be very interested in seeing such a depiction on ENT rather than the current Xindi saga. And just b/c Starfleet never sees the Romulans doesn't mean we the audience can't. It would be interesting to also see the war from the Romulan perspective.
    That's the problem of airing a prequel. Everybody pretty much know what the Romulans look like since TOS.

Personally, I'd rather we see the Earth-Romulan War from Earth's perspective, and keep the enemies "faceless" ... for cinematic storytelling purpose.

Besides, I hated when ENT used Ferengi in a missed encounter. It's a complete waste of frames.

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Originally posted by REG
    That's the problem of airing a prequel. Everybody pretty much know what the Romulans look like since TOS.

Personally, I'd rather we see the Earth-Romulan War from Earth's perspective, and keep the enemies "faceless" ... for cinematic storytelling purpose.

Besides, I hated when ENT used Ferengi in a missed encounter. It's a complete waste of frames.
    Or they can show both sides, liek they did with Balance of Terror.

Arrow

But only AFTER Kirk's Enterprise managed to hack into the Bird of Prey's communication system and revealed the Romulans for who they are.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

Originally posted by REG
    But only AFTER Kirk's Enterprise managed to hack into the Bird of Prey's communication system and revealed the Romulans for who they are.
    Well, yes, but that was a dramatic trick -- the whole point of that scene, and of Stiles the bigot, was to throw a bit of doubt on Spock's loyalty. The dramatic effect would have been lessened if we audience members had seen the Romulans first.

Others have pointed out that we already know what the Romulans look like, so no such constraints apply now.

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    Originally posted by Fesarius
    Others have pointed out that we already know what the Romulans look like, so no such constraints apply now.
    But it would be nice that the show stays consistent, and that the crew of the Enterprise doesn't see what they look like. Or, at least, noone who lives to tell sees what they look like.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Originally posted by Sea Tyger
    But it would be nice that the show stays consistent, and that the crew of the Enterprise doesn't see what they look like. Or, at least, noone who lives to tell sees what they look like.
    I agree with that. I didn't make it clear, but I was drawing a distinction between what the characters see, and what the audience sees.

Arrow

But I prefer that the audience see and experience through the eyes and ears of Earth's starfleet personnel. We know what they look like, but we don't need it to be visually displayed on the screen.

The idea of "faceless enemies" confronting Archer & Co. is a frightening effect.

-- Monte Cook

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

I gotta agree with REG on the faceless enemy part. Not only would it keep to the history (for what that's worth) but it would also make the story a bit more interesting.

Of course, the way that show has been tossing superfluous things around just to make it ....cool?..... they'll probably ruin the whole thing.