Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ENTERPRISE strongly rumored to end this year

ENTERPRISE strongly rumored to end this year

As a Trek convention co-organizer, I'm often privy to certain types of info, and thought I'd pass this one along.

According to sources at Paramount, ENTERPRISE will be coming to an end this year, mainly due to the problems with ratings.

There will be a new series to replace it, though.

It will take place 25 years after NEMESIS, and it will focus on the Klingon Empire -- which has now become the "sword arm", so to speak, of the Federation.

Chancellor Alexander has shaken up the Empire and brought back honor to it.

This is all I know right now.
    "Jenny, allow me to write the stupid bastard a prescription..."

"How long have you been wanting to say that?"

"Thought of it last Tuesday."

-- The Doctor and Jenny Sparks (The Authority #2)

Um...right now I htink I'm gonna call this RUMINT and wait to see what happens.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    With all due respect, this has no merit until TPTB Paramount takes credit for saying it. But thanks for sharing it anyway.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Ok, (start the rumour mill ), if this is true then I just have this to say about it...There is a bucket around here that I have to be sick in!

Didn't we get enough Klingon Kulture rammed down our throats in TNG and DS9?! Come on not all Trek fans are fans of the Cheese Grader Head set.

I know that this is only rumour (and problaly nowhere near true,) but that is my opinion.

Well...this is what Paramount gets for not listening to the fans. Hope thier happy. But anyway, I rather doubt it will get nixed. But Berman getting the axe along with Brannon Braga wouldn't bee any skin. I just hope they don't nuke ENT...it has been getting rather watchable recently
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Originally posted by Phantom
    Didn't we get enough Klingon Kulture rammed down our throats in TNG and DS9?! Come on not all Trek fans are fans of the Cheese Grader Head set.
    Pass me the bucket, too.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    Pass me the bucket, too.
    Wow! This is a first. Don and I might be on the same side of an arguement for once.

Ok, (start the rumour mill ), if this is true then I just have this to say about it...There is a bucket around here that I have to be sick in!

I know that this is only rumour (and problaly nowhere near true,) but that is my opinion.
    Yes. We've gotten plenty of Klingon Kulture. As we all know, Michael Dorn is the actor who has logged the most time as a Star Trek character. Although they're great fun, we've seen enough Klingons for a good while.

I think this problem has already been solved; Star Trek: Enterprise has the Andorians and their wonderful enmity with the Vulcans to play with.
    "The American Eagle needs both a right wing and a left wing in order to fly."
    -paraphrase of Bill Moyers

No offense but the original post just sounds hokey. According to an insider on ENT (if you don't mind me adding a rumor) , there's likely to be a forth season.

Hmm, sounds like yet another false rumour to me.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Originally posted by Liz Not Beth
    What about the series in wich Seven Of Nine leads a team of Romulan Supermodels on covert missions to undermind the Collective deep within the Delta Quad? Don't tell me they cancled that already!
    Sadly, if they hired the production teams from Baywatch (the guys who did all the "Pam Anderson slowly frolicing scenes" that took up 80% of the show), and they had the right Low brow lead in, that show could be on UPN forever.
    Mores the pity

Arrow

Somehow having just one bucket for us to add our vomit in is just as sickening.

As a Fan of All Things Klingons, I can't get enough of them.

HOWEVER, I felt that introducing Klingons in ENTERPRISE was way too premature. In fact, I'd rather they used the Andorians in that first series premiere episode. I guess the only good thing I can say is that this season we haven't seen any Klingons popping out of nowhere, just the occasional Vulcans (lobotomized by the DE) and the scheming Andorians.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Interesting rumour. But what about a series based around Starfleet Academy? The could call it Star Trek: Stardate 90210.

Or how about one that takes place solely in the Mirror Universe? It could be called Star Trek: The Evil That Men (and Women) Do.

Originally posted by REG
    Somehow having just one bucket for us to add our vomit in is just as sickening.
    Ok, ok. Buckets all 'round!