Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A couple Species Templates (ICON)

I can host the files on Memory: ICON, either as a series or as a single large one, Redwood.

"I've actually been toying with the idea of pulling out Star Frontiers and running a game for kicks."

It was a fun little game they had there. I recently acquired (along with a bunch of other stuff) a boxed set, complete with a number of adventure modules I'd never seen before, so I took my old copy of the two main rules books (in good condition) and gave them to my best friend as a birthday present - spread it around, I always say. The Dralasites and Yazirians are such a hoot.

My game crew is about to go dimension hopping again (whether they want to or not, dammit!) and will be meeting up with a group consisting of a Human, Vrusk, Dralasite and Yazirian.

Just a (completely irrelevant) note about the Traveller Vargr, as I see them: given that they are represented as smaller and weaker than a Human, I've always regarded the Vargr as being an uplifted and genigineered canis latrans, or coyote, rather than what seems to be the more common interpretation of them being canis lupus, or grey wolf/timber wolf. The Rifts Wolfen are more canis lupus.

*lol* You'll have to post notes Owen and let us know how it goes. It should be a hoot.

Besides Dimension-hopping is a great way to explore something that you do not always want to create as canon directly for your own universe.

One of these days I need to convert the Abissians and post them here. They are a sentient evil race that I came up with in high-school for one of my FASA games that live in their own pocket dimension. In truth it is a prison that they keep trying to break out of every so often.

The first set of PCs to ever get subjected to the realm coined it 'The Abyss' and gave them the name Abissians. They changed the y to i because it looked better. The true name of the race is unknown to the Federation and no one knows who or what constructed the prison dimension and stuck them in there but they did figure out a way to close the gate when it opened. It was such a hit that every once in a while I set up a session where they break out again.

I've had a few good chuckles over the years with the Coming of the Shadows in B5, Species 8472 in Voyager, and that one series of crossover novels that were quite similar to some aspects of the Abissians and their space.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

Owen kindly offered to host the work at its outset. I have yet to discuss anything with Owen due to concentrating on completing the work.

The problem I am encountering is that at over 265 pages the file is quite large, too large to post to these boards and too large for me to send via e-mail (well, via a free provider anyway).

Once I have more time this evening I will resurrect the thread in regards to the ICON Species Database.
    Steven "redwood973" Wood

"Man does not fail. He gives up trying."