Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coda Adventures from Decipher finally on the way !!!!

"Yes. Free money; they've already paid the wages to create the product."

Well, it's not really free money - they have to pay lots more money for the print run. Paying the authors and the layout people is, as I understand it, the least expensive part of publishing.

They may (Prophets forbid!) decide not to throw good money after bad (just an expression - I don't in any way regard paying the creative staff a bad thing!!!). I hope they decide to go ahead with the printing, but when bean-counters rule the roost nothing is certain.

Not losing sleep over this issue; I assumed the worst last year and they got out a few good products. I'd like to see Worlds, but hey...the Stargate and B5 stuff is starting to fill my time.

On that note: Don, at least you're working on the sterling Stargate RPG. (Can't be two Don Mappins roaming around the RPG world...)

Now if only Heresy would get on the stick and get out the three books I wrote for them...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

Quick note: It's available. Go to Decipher's Main Page, or to the Trek message board and click on the reply to the "Where's the adventure?" post.

So Decipher has actually lived up to a delivery date...even if it was a e-publication rather than hardcopy. Meanwhile, they've got twenty-six days left to make good on their promise re the Trek products page update.

Great job, Decipher hit the release date this time. Maybe a turn around finally? I know I am optimistic.

This may be a problem unique to my machine, but is anyone else here having troubles printing this thing out? Attempting to get a hardcopy results in any sidebar on the right side of the page coming through as a black, 2001-style monolith.

I tried printing sample pages of each, and they came out fine. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat?

I have 6.0; I do recall that a 6.0001/2 version or somesuch had been advertised a little while ago. Maybe I should give that a shot first. Thanks, Ineti.

Nope, No problem for me either, great adventure by the way.

Nice work Don & Doug

Originally posted by Karg
    Nope, No problem for me either, great adventure by the way.

Nice work Don & Doug
    Thanks, Karg. The lion's share of the credit definitely goes to Don. He took a poorly slapped-together adventure I'd run for our gaming group and turned it into something not only playable, but suitable for convention play...
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Great piece of work guys. I'll enjoy adapting this to my campaign.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Great work guys. It makes me want to bring some of my off the wall adventures to the table, but of course, much like when I run them, I suspect no one would have a clue what was going on
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Doug Burke
    Thanks, Karg. The lion's share of the credit definitely goes to Don. He took a poorly slapped-together adventure I'd run for our gaming group and turned it into something not only playable, but suitable for convention play...
    Great adventure, Doug! Was this one of the Deciphercon adventures or a never-before-released one?

Well on the basis of this one, I'm very much looking forward to the remaining adventures.

Bring 'em on Decipher.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

Originally posted by Jem'hadar
    Great adventure, Doug! Was this one of the Deciphercon adventures or a never-before-released one?
    Glad you like it. Yeah, it was put together for GenCon2002 and was used at DecipherCon that same year (run by yours truly).
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.