Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voyager DVD S1

Question Voyager DVD S1

Anyone got it yet? Anyone going to get it?

I'm curious about the extras. This thing is loaded with extras, including the very rare limited scenes of the original Katheryn Janeway played by Geneviève Bujold!

I'm still plowing through Stargate, Wiseguy, and Alias on DVD so this one isn't as high a priority as it otherwise would have been.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

I never thought I'd pay Mulgrew a compliment, but after watching this, Bujold really stinks! Her acting is dry and she doesn't feel right in the role.

The extras are a lot of fun, but the actual season is only 15 episodes. They're all excellent though.

The DVDs are good quality
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Yes. Signs are good that I will get Voyager on DVD. However it is a low priority purchase. As I am limiting my TNG and DS9 purchases to sale items when they are at 50-60% of retail.

So far I have season 1-2 of TNG, and 1-3 of DS9... And they are all going in the various Sales.

So it will be about a year before the Voyagert discs reach the same level and start competing with the others.

Although the rare footage sounds like it would be interesting (kind of like the lost trek series on The Motion Picture disc and the test Trill makeup for Terry Farrell on DS9)
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Mine's on preorder from Amazon UK. I really want to see the footage of Bujold as Nicole Janeway.

Sadly, I'll have to wait until May for the Region 2 release.

"You can't take a picture of this; it's already gone." -Nate Fisher, Six Feet Under.

What's the best price anyone has found? Amazon has it for $90.00. (Ouch!)
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    $84 at CostCo. 'Couse, you have to have a membership, and they're gonna charge tax, so it might be a wash.

I am sad to say but you couldnt pay me to take those DVDs. Voyager was so horrible after about the first season

I'll pass for the time being. If I buy any DVD sets it'll be S7 for DS9
    Anyone who still uses Frames for a website should be shot.
    Does your sig area really need to be bigger then your post?

Originally posted by Don Mappin
    As far as I'm concerned the whole Trek franchise on DVD can stay right on the shelf where it belongs! Right next to the X-Files and all the other ridiculously priced DVD sets. $110.00 CDN for any Trek season! You have to be joking!? Stargate is bad enough at $80, but I mean really. I'm a fan of VOY, but I think I'll pick up season 1 of the original Kung Fu before any of the Treks!

Originally posted by Phantom
    Right next to the X-Files and all the other ridiculously priced DVD sets. $110.00 CDN for any Trek season! You have to be joking!? Stargate is bad enough at $80, but I mean really. I'm a fan of VOY, but I think I'll pick up season 1 of the original Kung Fu before any of the Treks!
    I agree, that's why I only have Season 2 of TNG, and that was a gift. I'm a Ezri Dax fan so that's the only season I'm really wanting..ok..maybe some of the others but who knows.

I've written the other TNG DVD's from Blockbuster and I haven't found them worth the price. I have the Angel & Buffy DVD sets and they have some very nice extras for $40-60US, were the TNG ones seem to have only the episode and MAYBE an hour or two of documentry (gag).

Voyager isn't worth the money to me. I still have to pick up seasons 5-7 of TNG and 5-7 of DS9, and the original series box sets will be out this year as well. Those are my three favorite series, so that'll do me nicely.

If Paramount ever decides to charge what most other companies charge ($40-$50), then I'll give it another look. I'm just not interested enough to pay those high prices.

It's not just Trek; Paramount's model seems to be to charge a *lot* for whatever it gets the rights to, and it should be discouraged from continuing in this approach.

Originally posted by Phantom
    As far as I'm concerned the whole Trek franchise on DVD can stay right on the shelf where it belongs! Right next to the X-Files and all the other ridiculously priced DVD sets. $110.00 CDN for any Trek season! You have to be joking!? Stargate is bad enough at $80, but I mean really. I'm a fan of VOY, but I think I'll pick up season 1 of the original Kung Fu before any of the Treks!
    Dude, can't you cross the border and get Stargate for $50 at Best Buy?

This is why I use DVD Price Search. Of course, Star Trek and The X Files prices are not nearly as bad as the limited edition Freaks and Geeks box set. For details on that monstrosity (pricewise, I mean), check out http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/index.html

Originally posted by Ineti
    Dude, can't you cross the border and get Stargate for $50 at Best Buy?
    '

He'd still have to deal with an exchange rate at one point unless his bosses pay him at US scale