3 13.04%

11 47.83%

7 30.43%

Thread: ST Enterprise: Rate "Azati Prime"

ST Enterprise: Rate "Azati Prime"

Still watching, I'll get back to you.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

How cruel of them to make us wait two months for the end of this episode!!! I have no idea how they are going to get themselves out of this rather messy situation... maybe Degra and the other Xindi species will get together to help them. It will be an exciting conclusion.

Wow it was good! Great dialouge, great characters, great action! I especially loved this:
    "Still, reptiles might have gotten back up, but they had a disadvantage: they had brains the size of a walnut. Seems it's a galactic constant."

Was laughing so hard there.

This gets a 9.5 from me.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

A Review of Azati Prime
    http://www.treknation.com/reviews/en...ti_prime.shtml

I personally liked the episode. But upset I have to wait for Part II when it looks like the Enterprise is doomed.

Oh btw... Klingons and XINDI in the Federation.... good RPG stuff methinks.

Design of Enterprise-J looks interesting from what we can see on the viewscreen behind Daniels and Archer.

I would agree that this had a ton of Star Wars references. But as a general sci-fi fan I enjoyed it.

T'Pol's emotions: maybe she just has grown attached to Archer? Human-Vulcan romances are not unknown. T'Pol is by no means a master of Kohlinar, and maybe the thought of losing someone she deeply cares about can bring those reclusive Vulcan emotions out. After almost a year of total isolation from her people, I wouldn't consider it so impossible.

Archer's suicide mission: seems Kirk-esque to me, actually. I wouldn't consider it a con of the episode.
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

'The female.....the female...." I could not help but think that the female was T'pol. I've long suspected that the male that directs the suliban was the vulcan male ambassador who clearly wanted t'pol for himself and was also prone to emotional outbursts. Then again, Ive long wondered if both of them were actually Romulans, whom I note were NOT mentioned in the pantheon of races in the future Federation.

I, too, enjoyed this episode. It is nice to see a "mini-cliffhanger" culminating the very good cluster of the past 6 episodes or so. After horribly disappointing first two and a half seasons, this past half season has shown great promise. I especially liked seeing the Enterprise get so badly trashed. This is perhaps the great jeopardy we've seen any ST ship ever in, excepting the alternate reality episodes of TNG.

There were two parts I didn't care for, and that compelled me to give it 8 out of 10. First, the "everybody volunteering for a suicide mission" is silly and overdone. Just once I'd like to see Star Trek heroes draw straws for a terrible mission. Second, I'm really irked by the whole T'Pol having emotions subplot. This *started* out promising a couple seasons back when she encountered the rebel Vulcans, but then this was pretty much entirely dropped. In this season, suddenly, T'Pol is brimming with emotions and horny for Trip and Archer. If they were going to have T'Pol surrendering to emtions, they needed to write a more believable build into the story arc.
    Scottomir's LOTR Game Resources:
    http://www.geocities.com/scott_metz/

Honestly emotional T'pol doesnt bother me as long as it's limited to the Expanse. There is a reason Vulcans did not want to go there, they loose control in the chaos of the region -- and they were also allergic (?) to the alloys that shielded against the waves of distortion. An alloy if memory serves is allow over the Enterprise now, which in turn might lead to her being a bit off. Also she is long overdue for pon faar (then again, she's done with it with both Tripps at this point, sorry to be crass but she initiated it both times) and even with the drugs the good doctor is giving her she's bound to loose it from that alone.

In short, T'pols a wreck. But I still like her. It's when she picks up the dog and doesnt wrinkle her nose that I'll be truly concerned.

Cool

I don't have a problem with the emotional T'Pol for reasons stated above. I felt that Archer's ride was justifiable, but not for the reasons he stated and if I were the Xindi, I'd have a very hard time believing anything he said.

What scared me to death was watching the Enterprise get carved up with people getting blown out into space. That ship is hurt!

I can't wait to see how this is resolved.
    "The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank" -Montgomery Scott

Originally posted by Cmdr Powers
    What scared me to death was watching the Enterprise get carved up with people getting blown out into space. That ship is hurt!

That was the most chilling thing i saw in the ep- it reminded me of a scene in the movie 'Memphis Belle', where a plane is struck bu another plane, and cut in half. Guys fall out, and the two parts slowly fall to earth, their radios broadcasting their frantic calls for help.
    When the Xindi patrol ships pulled up, i thought that it was the Sloth and Primates. Surprise!
    So, who is "The Female"? She's obviously their future contact, and a rep of the Sphere Builders, but who is she?
    Have we seen her?

Liked it...quite a bit. The season, in general, has been pretty good. I thought CPT Quantum did a great job in this one; particularly in baiting the reptilian.

The firefight at the end was beautifully done: the bodies being blown out into space was chilling. It was one of the things they did right in B5.
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

I gave it a 10. I liked almost every aspect of it.

Good tension throughout, good sense of adventure.

It seemed to me that the doubts were a little quick to take root in some of the Xindi, but I'll give that a pass because it's possible they had their doubts all along. And it's been made clear that the Xindi don't always get along with each other. Also, if they're willing to believe the sphere building who told them Earth would destroy them, why are they so skeptical that Archer has seen and/or been to the future?

I imagine 'She' is a representative of the sphere builders, possibly the instigators of the entire TCW, and certainly someone we haven't yet seen.

Just watched this episode, finally, and my friend who watched it with me suggested that perhaps "she" was the Borg Queen.

Interesting to note that we've already seen the Borg. Maybe they weren't just a one shot episode, maybe they're a part of this Xindi story arc. Although I think that the Borg have been overused, so I'm pretty sure he's wrong. Still, interesting idea, eh?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Hell of an episode! Makes me wish I'd watched the rest of the series and not just picked it up at 'Doctor's Orders'. I like that they have sriously wounded Enterprise. I just hope that it doesn't show up all spotless and in perfect working order again after the conclusion of 'Damage'. Incidentally we don't have to wait two months over here for 'Damage'. Sky1 - bless their cotton socks - have put it on straight after 'Azati Prime' in a double bill

Crow

^ Damage is a worthy follow up. I reommcend watching Anomoly before Damage to better appreciate that episode.
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!