Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PBEM Game or just plain Game Preference?

Just curious as a buddy of mine moved up that way who used those ships in his campaigns and before he moved that way, I had told him about these boards.

Regards,
    CKV.

Angry

I just worked up a big long response, but the server chewed it up and didn't even bother to spit it back out. >grumble<

.Sal

------------------
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...it's probably Salinger." -Quack!

That is most unfortunate Sal.

Hopefully, at some point in the future you will find the time and have the inclination to repost that response.

Regards,
    CKV.

Yes...I will. I should be able to do it later on this afternoon.

And, if the board eats it, I will have to instruct Don to give it a good sound kick for me.

.Sal

------------------

Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...it's probably Salinger." -Quack!

Okay...let's try this again...

What timeframe of Trek gaming do you most prefer as a player? Why?

I'm fairly easy as far as timeframe. TNG-era is easiest to play in. Though, there is definitely something appealing about the rough-and-tumble 23rd century.

I've never actually played a TOS-era game, so some day I'd really like to play or GM one.

What style or type of Trek game do you most prefer playing and Why?

Eg Starfleet Officers, Merchants, Romulans, Pirate Raiders, etc.

Starfleet officers. Playing Starfleet feels more like Star Trek to me. And, for some odd reason, I prefer playing "good guys."

Do you prefer your setting to be planetside, station-based or ship-based? Why?

I can easily go with any of the choices here as long as there are a variety of stories. The same thing over and over gets tedious, so as long as things get mixed up and the story changes, I'd be happy on a ship, station, or planet.

Do you prefer playing enlisted personnel, "Lower Decks" type officer personnel, or Senior staff officers if in a command-oriented game?

I'm game either way as long as there's a good reason why the characters are doing what they're doing. If the captain slips on spilled tea every week so the characters can shine, there's a problem.

As long as it makes sense, though, I'm fine either way.

Now...time to post. Hopefully it'll work this time.

.Sal

------------------
    Salinger/TheDuck

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

Originally posted by Capt. K. Vaughn:
    Just curious as a buddy of mine moved up that way who used those ships in his campaigns and before he moved that way, I had told him about these boards.

Regards,
    CKV.
    Oddly enough one of my players is lurking on the boards and after reading some of your posts asked me if you were one of our players from the good old D&D period. Did you ever go to the U of A?

Kaiddin. I have not attended the U of A in an educational capacity though I have visited the residence on more then one occassion several years past.

Regards,
    CKV.

Thanks for the answers everyone though I am hoping a few more on this board will post their own input.

I am always curious about preferences as it does occassionally help me mold my own games or tweak ongoing ones to help keep them fresh.

Looking forward to reading more opinions.

Regards,
    CKV.