Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Miniatures

Post Star Trek Miniatures

Does any company currently make/sell ship miniatures?

Currently ADB makes a line of minatures for the SFB game

There's a British company that makes resin copies of the micromachines. They have: Voyager, Defiant, Sovereign, Galaxy, DS9, Jem'hadar attack ship, etc.

I think they do international mail order. E-mail jackieandbrian@btinternet.com

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

Question

On the subject of miniatures, has anyone come across any 25mm figures which they've converted to use in their Star Trek games ?
    I've got a bunch of Federation crewmen, but could do with some Romulans etc.Until Decipher come up with the goods, if ever, i'm thinking conversion is the only way to go.
    I've also experimented with making cardboard miniatures which look ok, but i'd rather use lead miniatures if possible.
    Any thoughts?

Renny

Red face

Actually as far as I know, Decipher is the only way to get any crew type minatures, assuming they decide to make any. But I am glad to know someone is doing the Micro Machines. They work pretty well. If anyone does run up on any crew minatures let me know. I have some of the crew That were put out for LUG but would love more.

------------------
    Captain Darkbane
    U.S.S. Lexington NCC-1709
    "Set Phasers to Stun? who's idea was that? {resets phaser to disrupt} They'll never notice."

Did any of the Lug orientated minitures ever hit the market?

Ie the away teams and such

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

If anyone is keeping track, you can put me down as being interested in getting some crew miniatures for my campaign.

Hey Don, is it time to start a new poll? I'd like to suggest that we check to see what kind of miniatures people would be interested in.

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

I've two sets of the Fed. away team that LUG released. The second set was one which didn't have Worf.

I'd love Star Trek minitures; ship, crew, and civilians.

Alan

AslanC Guest

I am planning on putting together a set of Cardboard Heroes for my LUG Campaign, when they are done I would be willing to share then if anyone would like?

Cool, Aslan. Let us know what you come up with. If you're taking requests, my PCs need a Vulcan medic (female), an Andorian security officer (male), a Betazoid science officer (female), and a Klingon engineer (male, in SF uniform).

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

AslanC Guest

Originally posted by Sarge:
    Cool, Aslan. Let us know what you come up with. If you're taking requests, my PCs need a Vulcan medic (female), an Andorian security officer (male), a Betazoid science officer (female), and a Klingon engineer (male, in SF uniform).
    Well I wasn't planing on taking requests, but if I get the chance I will try to make these. For the most part I was going to use simple scans with colour changes for departments and what have you.

Still Imay do some tracing if I can get the chance.

Anyone know where I can find a copy Who's Who in TNG? Just kidding

Cool

Actually As, there was only a 'Who's who' for the OS set (which was as up-to-date as the first movies).
    Anywho, try this (asuming the link works ): http://pub4.ezboard.com/fdcuaforumfa...icID=327.topic
    if not, go here: http://pub4.ezboard.com/fdcuaforumfantasticforum
    then scroll 'til ya see 'Star Trek Characters'
    (funny I'm working on the same thing... )

------------------
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

I've never used miniatures much in my games, but I do like to collect and paint them, and I keep promising myself that I'll actually get around to using them.

I've got a bunch of 20-year-old STTMP figures by Citadel that I've cast in resin and modified to the current Starfleet uniforms. Some of them can be seen along with my scratchbuilt 1/64 (28mm scale) Type 6 shuttlecraft at <a href="http://starshipmodeler.net/gallery3/oo_shuttle.htm">Starship Modeler's Reader Gallery</a>.

Markings are for the shuttlecraft Viper from the Intrepid Class Starship USS Challenger. Each figure's base is painted in the branch colour. By painting them with differing hair colours and styles (not to mention skin colours) and branch colours, I can get a lot more mileage (kilometrage?) out of fewer figures. The 3 minis in the photos with the plans are all the same figure.

Note that the captain must be a redneck, as the shuttle is shown in one picture in two shades of auto primer and up on blocks... Note also in that photo the Sigourney Weaver/Gwen deMarco/Tawney Madison action figure modified from a Deanna Troi with a Beverly Crusher head. And yes, the black minis in the background are indeed Aliens...

[This message has been edited by Owen E Oulton (edited 03-02-2001).]

AslanC Guest

Hey Owen,

Any chance of some one purchasing or trading for a set of your resin minis?

Talking

“Ka-chunk!!!”
    Sorry Owen, had to pick my jaw up .
    I also second the motion if you’d interested in making and selling additional copies of those Citadel miniatures (or rather, your variants), or even copies of that shuttlecraft; I’d be interested. BTW; did anybody else note that the Runabout model is perfect scale for the ‘tin soldiers’?
    Rick Sternbach mentioned something awhile ago the Monogram was suppose to make a Delta Flyer kit, but that appears to have been scraped.
    Also, while we’re on the ‘soldier’ aspect of the miniatures issue; anybody look at Armorcraft for terrain (www.armorcraft.com)? A lot of stuff they sell could easily be slipped into a Trek ‘minis’ campaign (the plants are cool, and that ‘refinery’ stuff just screams Borg!!!)

------------------
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...