Okay, thanks to Owen I am able to get the .wpd files to open (I was just clicking on the files and expecting them to open, I now know I need open the file by having my Microsoft Starter 2010 running and selecting the specific file I want to open); however, most of the files say they are "corrupt" and I only get the first page of the document when I open the file (so the multi-page .wpd file of consolidated traits is lost except for the first page! Not looking forward to redoing all that work again.).

I've tried opening the .qpd in the Microsoft Excel Starter 2010, however, they will not open at all. I can confirm the .qpd is Quattro Pro, so looking at my options for getting into those files.

I know my .zip and .pdf Pro programs are on the old drive, does anyone know if I can just transfer those from the old drive to the new computer? I've not tired it so as to avoid screwing something up; but shouldn't I just be able to transfer those programs without having to download them from the net again? I hope to use the .pdf Pro to convert the .wpd files to .pdf and thus have the source material of the consolidated traits without having to go through all the books again!