Thread: The LOTR RPG Characters Index and Repository

Post The LOTR RPG Characters Index and Repository

I had a little time today, so I searched the two LOTR forums and compiled this list of statted PCs and NPCs various posters have posted in the past.

If I've missed any, please add them. Add new characters here as well. I'm working on a variety of NPCs and will post them here as they are completed.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arknight's Chronicle characters

Denethor

Éomer

Éowyn

Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Fredegar "Fatty" Bolger

Gildor Inglorion

The Great Goblin

Hamlin of Edoras

Helm Hammerhand

Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth

Radagast the Brown

Red Ralph, warrior

Jack Sparrow

Telpedo

Lúthien Tinúviel

And because it's related:

ben hur's Guide to Building NPCs

Smile

This is one of the NPC's I prepared for the group i'm running a Chronicle with.
    Feel free to use her as you see fit. I'd like your opinion on her, please. Thanks

Name: Linwen

Race: Man (Middle-People)
    Hair: Black Eyes: Black Gender: female

Racial Abilities: Adaptable, Dominion of Man, Skilled

Attributes: Bearing 8 (+1), Nimbleness 12 (+3)*, Perception 8 (+1), Strength 10 (+2)*, Vitality 12 (+3), Wits 9 (+1)
    Reactions: Stamina +2, Swiftness +7*, Willpower +3, Wisdom +1

Orders: Basic Rogur
    Order Abilities: Fleet Footed, Treacherous Blow
    Advancements: 10

Skills: Acrobatics (Swing) +8, Armed Combat:Blades (ShortSword, Dagger) +10, Climb +2, Conceal (Hide Weapon) +2, Inquire (Interogate) +1, Jump +8, Legerdemain (PickPocket) +4, Observe (Spot) +3, Ranged Combat: Thrown Weapons (Dagger) +5, Stealth +9, Appraise (Gems) +1

Edges: Ambidextrous (2), Two Handed Fighting, Wary, Furtive, Quick-Draw, Night-Eyed
    Flaws: Arrogant, Stiff-Necked

Health: 14
    Courage: 4
    Renown: 3

Equipment:
    Leather Armour, Cloak of Shadows (+6 to Stealth in Darkness, no bonus in daylight)

Weapons:
    Short-Sword, Thrown Daggers (5), Poisoned Dagger (Linwen's Poison 1), Poisoned Dagger (Linwen's Poison 2)

Linwen's Poison 1:
    Type: injury
    Onset: immediatly
    Potency: 0
    Treatment: +5 TN
    Effect: 2d6+2 damage
    Secondary Effect: 1d6 damage

Linwen's Poison 2:
    Type: injury
    Onset: 1 day
    Potency: +10 TN
    Treatment: +15 TN
    Effect: Paralysis (paralyzed for 1d6 hours)
    2d6+3 damage
    Secondary Effect: victim becomes weary (-4)
    1d6+3 damage
    Stages: 1d6

Background:
    Linwen was a member of a thief guild acting in Minas Tirith around T.A. 2947. Just before attempting a robbery at a rich family (some say they planned to rob the Steward), the group was betrayed by someone, however, Linwen somwhow managed to evade getting caught.
    Afterwards, she took the path leading into the North-West, near Bree and Fornost.
    One of my PC's (named Narloth) was also a member of the guild in Minas Tirith. And now, after 4 years, they meet again, revealing grudges from the past.*

(The story of Narloth and Linwen for anyone who might be interested)
    Narloth and Linwen first met when Narloth joined the thiev's guild in Minas Tirith. Most of the time, the guild made small money, robbing traders, or visiting caravans.
    They rarely robbed citizens of the city. But one day, they made a plan to steal from a very rich family in the city. Narloth didn't agree with their plan, so she left the guild 3 days before the planned hit.
    After the betrayal, some believed it was Narloth's hand, but she was gone up North, way beyond the reach of the few thieves that managed to evade prison.
    Now, in 2951, Linwen's and Narloth's path once again cross, at a tavern near Bree. Seeing Narloth, Linwen decided to have revenge, and chased Narloth and her group for several weeks, making her presence felt (but not known) from time to time.
    A first confrontation takes place in the dark tunnels under the Misty Mountains, and soon after, Narloth finds evidence about the true traitor in Minas Tirith. Linwen gets the chance to save Narloth's life after she learns of the evidence, and they become friends again.
    Sadly, Linwen leaves east, over the mountains, leaving Narloth with her group.

well, maybe it's not very intereting and it may contain lots of cliches, but i'd like to have your opinion on it.
    just for the record: LOTR is the first RPG i ever played, and it began 4 months ago. Actually, I never "played" a RPG, I only narrated one

Looks pretty good. Her stats seem a little low for a 10 advancement character; did you create her using the standard character generation method?

Good character, though. You should tidy her up and submit her to the Hall of Fire webzine.

Thanks for the reply.
    Sorry, my mistake, she actually has 8 advancements. And, yes, i used the standard method for character creation (Random roll for attributes). And I also forgot one weapon: she carries a whip. Having high acrobatics, she uses the whip to grab onto things (tree braches, etc) and swing across areas.

I will rewrite her from the begining, to clean some mistakes i made, and then I'll try to send her to the Hall of Fire webzine.

next: in a week or so, i will post a character i'm designing now: a hobbit minstrel

Hi, this is my new character, a hobbit minstrel, as I promised.

Name: Adelard Hornblower

Race: Hobbit (Fallohide)
    Hair: Dark, Eyes: brown, Gender: male, Age: 33

Racial Abilities: 6 Meals a Day, Small Folk, Soft-Footed, Sure At The Mark, Though as Old Tree Roots

Attributes: Bearing 12 (+3)*, Nimbleness 10 (+2)*, Perception 8 (+1), Strength 5 (0), Vitality 9 (+1), Wits 8 (+1)
    Reactions: Stamina +1, Swiftness +2*, Willpower +3, Wisdom +3

Orders: Minstrel (Performer Package)
    Order Abilities: Natural Talent
    Advancements: 0

Skills:
    Acrobatics (Balance) +2, Craft: Carving (Musical Instruments) +3, Craft: Cooking (meat) +3, Games (Riddles) +2, Legerdemain (Prestidigitation) +3, Mimicry (Voices) +2, Observe (Hear) +2, Perform (Sing, Tell Stories) +6, Persuade (Charm) +2, Ranged Combat (Thrown Weapons) +5, Stealth (Hide) +2

Language:Westron +6, Language: Sindarin +5, Lore: History (Hobbits)+3, Lore: Race (Hobbits, Elves) +4, Lore:Realm (Shire, Bree) +4

Edges: Keen-Eared, Honey-Tongued, Quick-Draw, Friends (Wandering Companies)
    Flaws: Proud

Health: 9
    Courage: 3

Born in the Shire, Adelard is a merry Hobbit. From his youth, he was interested in music and stories, and he easilly impressed others with his carefully chosen words. He often walked in the forests, where he became friend with the elves from the Wandering Comapnies of Eriador, who tought him the art of making musical instruments. Theirs stories inspired him, and he began putting them in songs. After he reached the age of adulthood, his heart told him to go into the world and find adventures and stories to sing about, and so began his life as a traveller, always looking for good friends , interesting places and people, and always ready to go into the heat of adventuring.

A raft-elf of Mirkwood

Cirion the Raft-elf

Race: Elf (Silvan)

Abilities: The Art, Beast-Skill, Comfort, Elven Form, Elven-Sense, Elven-Sleep, Farsightedness, Ghost-Scorn, Lightfootedness, Swift Healing, Woodsy

Attributes: BRG 7 (0), NIM 10 (+2),PER 8 (+1)*, STR 10 (+2),VIT 8 (+1),WIT 9 (+1)*

Reactions: STA +2, SWT +2*, WIL +1, WIS +1

Order: Mariner (Boatman)
    Abilities: Rope-craft, Sea legs
    Advancements: 1

Skills: Lore:Realm (Mirkwood)(Forest River)( Esgaroth) +4,Lore:Group (Raft-elves) +5, Lore:Race (Elves) +3, Language:Silvan +6, Language:Sindarin +4, Language:Westron +3, Armed Combat:Blades (Long-knives) +5, Climb +2, Stealth (Hide) +1, Survival (Forest) +2, Track (Orcs) +1, Craft:Rope-making (Hemp Rope) +3, Games (Dice) +1, Jump +1, Ranged Combat:Thrown (Daggers) +5, Sea-craft (Boating) +6, Swim +5, Weather-Sense +3

Edges: Hardy

Flaws: None

Health: 10

Courage: 3

Renown: 0

Gear: Long-knife (2D6+1), 3 Daggers (1D6+2), 20’ Rope, Lantern, 10’ Pole, Camping Gear, Travel Rations (1 week)

*:Favored attribute or reaction
    Cirion is a skilled boatman. He is a joyful fellow, with dark sparkling eyes and a mischievous smile. He delights in nature, loving the river especially. When he laughs, which is often, one can hear in it the delight of all good things. His tall slender build is full of grace, and a surprising strength.
    "... I would not take this thing,if it lay by the highway..."

Faramir to Frodo, on the One Ring

Wisco Greenhand of Rohan

Name: Wisco Greenhand of Rohan
    Race: Man (Middle)
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: White & discolored (Wisco is blind)
    Height: 4' 11"
    Weight: 234 lbs.

Racial Abilities: Adaptable, Dominion of Man, Skilled

Attributes:
    Bearing 12 (+3)
    Nimbleness 6 (+0)
    Perception 9 (+1)
    Strength 4 (+0)
    Vitality 6 (+0)
    Wits 12 (+3)

Reactions:
    Stamina +1
    Swiftness +1
    *Willpower +6 (favoured)
    Wisdom +4

Orders: Magician
    Order Abilities: Spellcasting
    Advancements: 0

Skills: Healing (Wounds) +6, Insight +2, Intimidate +1, Language (Sindarin) +4, Lore (Realm: Rohan) +5, Observe (by hearing only due to blindness) +3, Persuade +4, Stealth +1, Unarmed combat +1, **Survival (Plains of Rohan) +1

Edges: Wise, Resolute, Healing-Hands

Flaws: Stiff-Necked, Blind

**Special Notes:
    Given blindness is such a serious Flaw, I've also granted Wisco a free pick for his skills in addition to the usual extra Edge.

Health: 6
    Courage: 4
    Renown: 0

Spells:
    Healing, Guarding, Rainward

Wealth: 1 Silver Penny, 8 copper pennies

Equipment:
    Pouch of various Healing Herbs, (7) days of Rations/Water, Harmonica

Miscellaneous:
    Riding Mule, named "T-hoof"
    (in actuality, "T-hoof" stands for "Turtlehoof," reminiscent of the mule's speed, although Wisco will only allow others the humor of his name really standing for "Thunderhoof," claiming his mule is of barbaric temperment!)

Armor:
    Leather Armor (worn under his green robe)

Weapons:
    Unarmed

Description:
    Wisco Greenhand is a very short (hobbit height) and hefty man. His round face is crowned by a clean baldness atop his head with a tiara of long black hair surrounding the rear crest. His eyes are blind-white (a physical trait he has became masterful at hiding) and his skin is always sooted with earth.

When Wisco laughs, his large (and obtrusive) nose curls back in a snarl as deep and hollow booms of laughter beller from inbetween his huge lips.

He can always be found wearing a green (brown with soot) robe, with leather armor below it. A puch of herbs and spices hangs about a rope thrown over his shoulder and head. He NEVER carries a weapon. Also, of note, Wisco keeps a well crafted harmonica in a case buckled to his side (but under his robe).

Background:
    Wisco Greenhand was born blind. Brought about by the union of a Rohanian agricultural couple, his frail stature (note his height and weight) and inability of vision left his father with a "worthless" son as it pertains to farming and as such, was raised on abuse, both physical and psychological.

When he came of age enough where his curiosity of the lands beyond his father's farmlet and his desire to leave his scornful parents, he set about with his mule, T-hoof, and his harmonica in hand.

He found himself comfortable as a wanderer...

Not later than a year after leaving the farmlet, Wisco was walking with T-hoof along a cliffside, being very careful navigating the path down a ravine. He fell some lengths into a crevasse, falling unconscious.

He awoke to find himself in a warm and comfortable bed near a fire, his wounds being attended to by an old hermit. This hermit, named Daro, nursed him to health and learned him in the ways of herbs and other medicinal ways as well as the mastery of cooking. After some time in Daro's tutorship, Wisco was once again with T-hoof and his harmonica, wandering the lands of Rohan...

These days, Wisco can still be found roaming the countryside with his mule, T-hoof(now new mule under the same name) and his harmonica. Often trading his healing talents for for food, escpecially amongst farmers, whom depend on their health to carry-out their daily work that is the very make-up of their livelyhood.

Chronicle Ideas

If approached by the heroes, Wisco will keep his eyes squinted in a fashion that hides his blindness well (Observe TN 12 to discern his handicap), as he has learned to do over the years.

If Wisco deems the strangers intent to be less than friendly he will attempt to flee to the nearest wooded area (keep in mind Wisco is very familiar with the lands of Rohan) and seek to hide (Stealth +1).

He will generally be content to answer any questions he knows of the surrounding area (Lore Realm: Rohan +5) and doesn't mind trading his healing (Healing (wounds) +6) and cooking talents around the campfire in exchange for new stories of adventure (and food) the heroes may have to share.

If the heroes beckon Wisco to accompany them in their travels it will not be an easy task, considering how passive he is (Persuade TN 15 due to his Flaw: Stiff-Necked).

Should he be persuaded, Wisco will beg the heroes to share stories with him as he shares the pleasant melodies of his harmonica.

If combat every breaks out when he is present, Wisco will attempt to best position himself so as the chances of him being attacked are lessened (this requires a successful Observe check performed as a free action.)

Wisco never uses a weapon, not wishing to ever inflict harm (a nuance brought about by his father's abusiveness) and will result to unarmed combat only in the most dire circumstances.
    <b><i><font color=green>Ask life of the land, and the land gives. The land is my life , my life is the land's. From the land one is born, and to the land death returns. -- Vykwulf, Wandering Ranger of Rohan.</i></b></font color>

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    Oh, I like this Linwen girl !

Makes me wonder how my Aderyn will come out when I get my copy of the LOTR game...