Thread: Two/2/II Questions/?

Post Two/2/II Questions/?

First, I picked up one of the old FASA Trek RPG books (ST IV Soursebook Update) and it occasionally mentions something called the Triangle. What is it? Where did it come from? What's it smell like?
    Second, what is the best place to find information on the Star Trek model kits?

The Triangle is a FASA invention. It's the border area between the Klingon, Romulan and Federation neutral zones. All the major powers kept a "Hands off" approach to the area. IIRC, it was a relatively lawless place, where all kinds of espionage and illegal activities were going on.

Modeling isn't my thing, can't help you there.

Hey...is anyone here from Toronto?

.Sal

------------------
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck...it's probably Salinger." -Quack!

I think Liquidator Queeg is from Tronna, and maybe a couple more of our regulars.

If you're looking for the old AMT/ERTL model kits, you can try John Green Models. Let me see if I can remember the link. http://www.greenmodels.com
    <<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

[This message has been edited by Sarge (edited 03-09-2001).]

Originally posted by Captain Blake:
    The Triangle is a FASA invention. It's the border area between the Klingon, Romulan and Federation neutral zones.
    Star Trek V (*wince*) also mentions the Triangle -- At least the novelization does -- The planet where the whole story starts is in the Triangle (I don't have my book handy ... )

Does anyone happen to have the film handy so they can see how it's referenced in the opening of the film?

Gamethyme

[This message has been edited by Gamethyme (edited 03-08-2001).]

I don't really think they made reference to the Triangle in the film. However, I could be mistaken I have not watched the movie since I saw it in the theater. I think I would have noticed, I liked the fasa Triangle setting (ran most of the my games there).

Wink

Originally posted by Salinger:
    Hey...is anyone here from Toronto?
    Nope. Never been there. I hear it's a real clean city though.

LQ

Who sorely misses his frothy beer mug icon.

I wish Don could get a duck icon in here. That would rock. I would be happy as a duck in duckweed.

.Sal

------------------
    Salinger/TheDuck

"If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck,
    and quacks like a duck...it's gotta be Salinger." -Quack!

"You're living in America/Leave your conscience at the tone."
    - Jonathan Larson, Rent

[This message has been edited by Salinger (edited 03-09-2001).]

Nimbus III is meant to be equi-distant from all 3 powers, thus the triangle makes logical sense.

Aswell, from the LUG-RNZ map you can put the triangle in the Vela expanse. Even looks like a triangle

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Lightbulb

Perhaps one important thing to emphasize about the Triangle was its feel. It was not really a place for exploration, though it still had a "frontier" feel to it. It was much more of an "old west" frontier than a "great unknown" frontier.

There were various governments in the Triangle, including a rogue Klingon state. There were pirates, smugglers, criminal masterminds, Orion families, arms dealers, spies, etc. It wasn't the best place for a game centered around Starfleet officers (or Klingon or Romulan ones for that matter). It was more a place for spies, smugglers, and the like. Great place for a original series-era DS9 style game.

Picked up the rule book and campaign book for the triangle for $6 each.
    About $6 all for US folk.

Alot of planets within thr triangle!

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

OK, I finally got the link right. John F Green lists all of the ST models I've ever heard of, and if they don't have it, they'll find it for you. It took them a few months to find me a Starcast resin Nebula-class, and it wasn't cheap, but they got it for me.

------------------

&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Wink

Most of our games take place in the Triangle. I started playing FASA in 1985 and bought the Triangle book soonafter.

Over the last fifteen years, our Triangle has evolved significantly from what's in the book. At one time, our Triangle had developed an entire security force called TAPA (Triangle Alliance Police Association. Many of our PCs were TAPA agents. But after being in existence for 50 years, TAPA was eventually taken over by the Romulans and subsequently destroyed by the Klingon Empire.

Other major events were an Orion civil war called the Medusa War which last for 4 years.

Currently our Triangle is falling prey to a major Orion government called the Medusa Network with the help of BioResearch. Woo knows what will happen?

We like the Triangle because anything can happen there and it usually does.