Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: The End Has Come

If we were to do something like that we'd have to come to some geenral agreement on the game system, or make one up. Or...

We could make the sourcebooks system neutral, maybe use terms like EASY, NORMAL, HARD for skill tests and what not and then a one page sheet that says what Hard means in CODA, ICON, FASA, or whatever.

Just getting us all to agree on a system is going to be quite a hurdle.

Well, I don't know about what anyone ELSE wants to do.. but I'm going to start with CODA and work on 'updates' as needed for other game system material.
    "Thank god I'm only watching the game... controlling it!"

Well GoB did do a Coda BSR reference document, which removed all of the copywrited material from their stuff, so (with permission) that's a great place to start.

There are flaws with the Coda system, but since we have some of the original writing staff on here, and some excellent writers, I am sure we can solve those errors, and make a Coda 2.0 (largelly compatible with 1) and then launch material from there. I'm happy to lend a hand doing DTP and stuff.
    Ta Muchly

AFAIK there's no fundamental problems that the errata has not already addressed. A general clean up of the modifiers, and maybe some 'system ethos' clarifications (like the importance of the manipulation of situational modifiers in the gameplay) could be all it needs.

That and a chargen doc that makes sense.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Was playing around with Photoshop a bit... not entirely happy with the result, but... well, I got bored.

chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

Haha that's cool Chris! I like the glowing part, very trek!
    Ta Muchly

I like it very much

Cool Design, Chris!

Quite nice indeed, kudos Chris!

Now we have a cover, when do we start ?
    "The main difference between Trekkies and Manchester United fans is that Trekkies never trashed a train carriage. So why are the Trekkies the social outcasts?"
    Terry Pratchett

I'd say we open a new thread like Star Trek CODA RPG 2nd Edition and start it off with Chris' cool design

There we can brainstorm, what should be changed from the first edition game etc...

I'm not sure the placement of the ships work... it's kind of gridlike.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    I'm not sure the placement of the ships work... it's kind of gridlike.
    Yeah, it isn't something I'm entirely pleased with... lemme monkey with it a bit.

Think a more diamond formation for the ones on top? I tried putting the Enterprise-A below the logo, but it didn't quite work with the NX-01 being pointed downward. Also, stars or no stars in the background?
    Last edited by Mac417; 01-12-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    chris "mac" mccarver

Hm. Panels with the ships within, maybe... or no ships, and some crazy nebula or something.

EDIT: Also, 2nd typeface? I'm trying to find it in my bigass fonts file...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Hm. Panels with the ships within, maybe... or no ships, and some crazy nebula or something.

EDIT: Also, 2nd typeface? I'm trying to find it in my bigass fonts file...
    The font I used is called Gotham Nights.

Playing a little bit with the ship formations (and after a head-smack moment when I realized I forgot one of the "feature" ships):

chris "mac" mccarver

Quote Originally Posted by Mac417 View Post
    The font I used is called Gotham Nights.
    Dammit, I knew I had it. Heh.

Playing a little bit with the ship formations (and after a head-smack moment when I realized I forgot one of the "feature" ships):

Yeah, that's way more balanced.

Much better! and maybe, instead of stars, or cheesy nebulas work in some graphic element, like blocks of lines, 1's and 0's or some other graphic element like they had in the original Coda books?
    Ta Muchly