4 25.00%

2 12.50%

4 25.00%

5 31.25%

0 0%

Thread: Rate Home

Rate ST:ENT Home

Home
    As the Enterprise crew revels in a heroes' welcome on Earth, Trip joins T'Pol on a trip to planet Vulcan, excited to visit her home and be introduced to her mother T'Les. But when T'Pol becomes obliged to reconsider marriage to former fiancé Koss, the future of their relationship is put in question. Meanwhile, Archer must defend some of his morally questionable decisions during the Xindi conflict before a Starfleet Command panel of inquiry. Later, Phlox experiences prejudice against aliens while taking shore leave on Earth with Malcolm and Travis.

For a Full Summary at Trek Nation Go Here
    Last edited by Eric R.; 12-20-2004 at 12:25 AM. Reason: New Content
    Draftsmen in Training

Yeah it was great imo
    Romuald "Pantoufle" Theate

Really liked it. Joanna Cassidy was a good cast for T'pol's mother, as was Ada Maris as Capt. Hernandez (here's to hoping we get to see more of the NX-02 this season. Character-wise, Jonathan and Trip aren't going to have the best of years I think, but hopefully will head in a positive direction. They might have gone further with Archer's problems, but would have had to cut the supporting cast's already small parts to do it.

This episode just served to reinforce my belief that the Vulcans are just plain messed up though. A species supposedly dedicated to logic, yet tradition-bound to an illogical extreme, and apparently willing to take out their anger on innocent individuals. IDIC my eye!

Overall, I think dialogue has been better so far this season. Now, hopefully the supporting cast can get more to do.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

I gave it a 6. Which, is far higher than I would rate just about any episode from the last couple of years.

Best scene: Archer blows up at Vulcan ambassador (forget his name). Gotta admit, I was cheering Archer on: "Yeah, you tell that pointy-eared hobgoblin!"

Worst scene: Archer apologizes to Vulcan ambassador. Bad Archer, you let me down. But I do understand the need for character "development" and that stuff.

Honourable mention: Trip's scene with T'Pol's mother, where he confesses he loves T'Pol. And then still shows up at the wedding. We'll see what happens next, but that was well done. Talk about being selfless ...

LQ
    Drunken DM and the Speak with Dead spell: "No, I'm not the limed-over skeleton of the abbot, and no this special key in my boney fingers does not open the door to the secret treasury! ... Oh crap."

Good show, really liked it
    Garet

I have rather mixed feelings on this one. I rather liked the Vulcan panoramas and T'Pol's home, and I liked the fact that this episode had no real threat, no alien of the week, just plain dealing with life and consequences of your actions. That part was nice.

What I disliked ... Minor:
    - T'Pol's short pants. I hate them in real life, I think they look even more goofy on a Vulcan. "Spiffy dresser" my eye!
    - Rock climbing. All right, Archer may have a death wish, but I was not aware the female captain did. Anyone climbing like that (gee, I wonder why they brought ropes at all ) surely has . Mind you, this reminds me of Travis's rockclimbing trip which ended badly ... must be something with ropes quality of the 22nd century :/ .

Major (well, not <I>that</I> major, but still):
    - Archer's "recovery". It did not seem all that realistic. Should take a lot more time IMO.
    - Vulcans: I liked T'Pol's fiancee, but frankly, I have troubles with her mother and their mother-daughter relationship (and a bit with the acting). Mind you, I can see where T'Pol gets all her "emotionality", looks like the apple did not fall far from the tree.

Anyhow ... interesting episode, a bit different from what we're used to for Star Trek but I think it bodes well. Still needs some getting used to though (from my part, but obviously from the actors/directors/script writers too).

Oh, by the way, gave it a 6.
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Also, I'm a bit puzzled, does nobody care anymore? (oops wrong universe ) Rate the episode used to see a lot more posts last year ... have we all given up on Trek?
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

I've had the same thoughts too . . . I mean 168 views as of this posting but only 14 votes!

BTW I did but a time limit on this poll by late Friday night you will not be able to vote here anymore.
    Draftsmen in Training

I don't think everyone's really given up on 'Star Trek', but maybe they have given up on anything coming out of Berman/Braga's barn. I mean, when you give a 'great step up' episode a six, on average, you can see why a lot of people would much rather watch Spock's Brain and pign for the good old days where Wesley Crusher saved the Enterprise every episode...

WOW this was one decent episode which showed the toll the previous year has taken on Archer now that he is back, though it seems he quickly shock most of it off already. The Opening was great to look at as well; Hey I am a sucker for huge crowd scenes anyway. This was one of the few Enterprise Episode which focused on chracter development and it had plenty of it in my opinion. If this is an indication of Coto's style this will be a very good year

Looking Back (Dec. 04) I can see now that this episode had a lot to do with the upcoming Kir'Shara Arc and setting the scene for it. In addition seeing a Vulcan weddng was nice.
    Draftsmen in Training

They did resolve Archer's issues a touch too quickly but I'd probably say that this episode is one of my favorite's if not my absolute favorite for this series.

I also like character-focused shows though.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."