Thread: Species template: Pakled

Species template: Pakled

What, can't this be a serious topic?

PAKLED

Attribute Modifiers: +1 Vitality, +1 Intelligence, -1 Agility, -2 Presence. They look stupid, but they are not. Robust complexion, which makes them less quick than the average.

Favored Professions: Starship engineer or Scientist. They have a natural technical affinity, and are able to grasp new technical concepts very fast.

Species Abilities:

Bonus Edge: Everyman; to the untrained eye, all Pakleds look the same.

Alibi: Despite their limited language skills, Pakleds are great in deceit and doublecrossing unexpecting victims. This also alerts them about possible dangers and treacherous activities. They get a +1 bonus to Savvy and a +2 to Influence (Fast-Talk)

Technological Affinity: Pakleds have a natural fondness for technical stuff, and are very apt to assemble and dissassemble, adapt, repair and work with technology, be it their own creation or a strange Romulan war surplus. When making Construct, Repair and Engineering skill tests, ignore all penalties resulting from inadequate equipment or technology compatibility.

Basic Linguistics: Pakleds have a genetic problem with their language brain area, which does not alow them to employ either advanced grammar or an extended lexicon. They suffer a -2 penalty to all Language skills and they can only achieve a maximum of 6 on any Language group skill.

Please, let me know what you think...
    Last edited by Dr. Jonas Bashir; 01-18-2003 at 04:32 PM.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

You are smart...
    "War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Perrryyy Guest
    They look stupid, but they are not
    +1 Intelligence
    Can you explain that to me?

Or is it fitting that we have an oxymoron in a Pakled thread?

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Perrryyy Guest
    Originally posted by StyroFoam Man
    Hmmmm.....

(thinks really hard...)

Prehaps thier general Intelligence suffers due to lack of language skills. They have the ideas, but they can't communicate them.
    Sounds like they should move to Perrydise

It's very simple: they LOOK retarded, but are quite smart, cunning and shrewd below their moron facade. The perfect species for an 'I didn't do it' character.

As my friend Carlos, playing a Pakled trader says 'Nobody would suspect of the Pakled'.
    Insurance is like marriage. You pay and pay but you never get anything back. - Al Bundy

Perrryyy Guest
    I'll go along with it. I was going to suggest "dim-witted", but it doesn't exactly fit either.

I once used a Pakled bounty hunter who acted like an idiot, actually captured a Tal Shiar operative.
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Perrryyy Guest
    Ok guys, I concede

I agree with the logic, I just don't like the stats.

You've explained the logic behind the stats, so that works for me.

So, any further comments or criticisms? I'm particularly interested in possible cultural aspects I might have missed. And, as always, I leave as an exercise for the reader the descriptive blurb and history for the species.