Thread: [CODA-Starships] Reman Warbird Scimitar

[CODA-Starships] Reman Warbird Scimitar

PRODUCTION DATA

Origin: Romulan Star Empire (Reman faction)
    Class and Type: Reman Scimitar-class Warbird
    Year Launched: 2378

HULL DATA

Structure: 60
    Size/Decks: 12/80
    Length/Height/Beam : 890/1350/540
    Complement: 2,000

OPERATIONAL DATA

Transporters: 12 standard, 12 emergency
    Cargo Units: 120
    Shuttlebay: 2 AD
    Shuttlecraft: 24 size worth
    Tractor Beams: 2 FV, 1 AV
    Separation Sytem: None
    Cloaking Device: Class 5 (rating 26)
    Sensor System: Class 4a (+2/DD)
    Operations System: Class 5 (F)
    Life Support: Class 5 (F)

PROPULSION DATA

Impulse System: Class 5 (0.95c) (D)
    Warp System: Type 5C6 (warp 5/8/9.6) (D)

TACTICAL DATA

Beam Weapon: RPFD-5 (x9/F)
    Penetration: 9/9/8/0/0
    Missile Weapon: RPT-8 (x3/F)
    Penetration: 11/10/9/8/7
    Deflector Shield: FSR-2 (modified)
    Protection/Treshold: 17/5 (with secondary shielding- see below)

MISCELLANEOUS DATA

Maneuver Modifiers: +4C, -1H, +4T

Traits : enhanced system (cloaking device)
    Special: +5 bonus to perform Cloaked Attack (T) manoeuvre
    Special: carries thalaron emitter

Secondary shielding:

the Scimitar's shields functions like other shields with this singular exception: it uses a slightly modified shield strength table. Use table 1.20 but treat every other hit as a "freebie"; the effects are still valid; the table looks like this:

freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    freebie
    Last edited by Snake_Plissken; 04-20-2003 at 10:00 PM.

Looks good Snake, perhaps another shuttle bay or two for the attack fighters? Any thoughts on doing the Valdore class to add to the post DW Romulan fleet?

Looks good Snake
    Thank you Kodiak.

perhaps another shuttle bay or two for the attack fighters?
    the thought had occured to me... but I'm personally not a big fan of fighters in the ST universe (or in sci-fi in general as well) so I tend to downplay (sometimes wrongfully) their importance. I thought that there might have been a reason why the Scimitar didn't use fighters against the Enterprise and the 2 Romulan Warbirds (although we know that the real reason is story/fx -driven ) I figured that the very smallish Scorpion fighters were only usred against other fighters and for ground ops. I showed Nemesis to my GF 2 days ago (long story short- video store owner who got an advanced copy) and in the shuttlebay scene there didn't seem to be that many- but then again I think Data mentions that there are 30 of them (I don't know can't recall ) As it stands it can carry 24 size worth, so that's about 20+ fighters (the Scorpions are very small so they have to be size 1) Anyways there is some space left on the design so you could easily throw in an extra bay or two.

Any thoughts on doing the Valdore class to add to the post DW Romulan fleet?
    working on it sir- I've already posted a pre-Starship version but now I'm unsure which direction to take- I postulate that the Norexan was built from the experiences of the Dominion War. So I assume right off that means an improved cloaking device. Then the ship appears smaller and 'swifter' than the D'deridex, so I can think of less structural strength and make it more maneuvrable (positive helm bonus). Having less structural strength would make some sort of sense as the Valdore and its sister ship got dispatched quite easily... OTOH the Scimitar wanted to disable the Enterprise, not destroy it. What about firepower? More torpedo damage, less beam damage, or the other way around? Do I make the shields regenerative? You have any pointers?

From another thread, it seems that the #of shuttles that a ship can carry is larger than the number listed, so some of the fighters could be in storage. No need to change the design on that account.

For other designs, I'd be tempted to see what works best in CODA. Play out a few games between Jem'Hadar forces and Romulan forces and see what lessons you learn. That might give you the answer.

If it turns out that the Romulans can't win a stand up battle, for one reason or another, having the ability to trade punches might not be as imporant as being able to hit hard and fast.

Dude this ship is a monster!Liked the secondary sheilding.Do you have rules for the thalaron emitter?
    "I am not a Merry Man!"-Worf

Dude this ship is a monster!
    it is! And it had to: it beat the crap out of the Enterprise and 2 romulan warbirds. I speculate that it could have dispatched the Enterprise even sooner but Shinzon wanted Picard alive. Because of that a lot of people thought that the new romulan warbirds were sissy ships- I don't think that the Romulans, having just fought a war for its life with the Dominion, would start to build crap ships- its just that Shinzon didn't need to take Commander Donatra (Dina Meyer) alive ... silly him cuz I'd sure would have went after her ship instead (drool!)

While the Scimitar is a big fish (although the Borg and S8742 bioships are still DA big daddies). The Scimitar is a big plot-device ship! I figured that there was only one of those ever made and that its main purpose was to act as a giant Thalaron beam emitter. All that firepower and toughness is there to make sure it gets to its target. I figure that the Thalaron beam thingie is much like the Genesis Device and I don't think that you really need rules to use it in a game- its more like a big ass nuke that kills everyone. But if you have guidelines/ruels in mind post'em up and I'll add them to the Scimitar's description.