Thread: CODA: Cobra Class Fightercraft

CODA: Cobra Class Fightercraft

Here is something I ran up for use from my Akira Class vessels.

Starfleet Rapid Deployment Fighter Project

Cobra Class (Single Seat Fighter Craft)

Initial designs for this craft were tentatively made in 2355. However in an era of peace Starfleet Command chose not to pursue the project and deemed it an unnecessary.

It was resurrected shortly after the disastrous encounter with the Borg at Wolf 359 in 2366. But when the Borg threat diminished the project once again was shelved. Without a full-scale working prototype completed.

It wasn’t until the rise of the Dominion threat in 2371 and the
    resultant resurrection of the Defiant Project. As well as the creation of the Perimeter Defense Force that Starfleet Command issued instructions to the Advanced Starship Design Bureau (ASDB) to begin working on a full scale prototype fighter for use on the new Akira class cruiser (prior to this the Akira was equipped with modified shuttlecraft/aeroshuttles).

Propulsion Data:

Impulse System: FIG (0.9c) (C)
    Warp Drive: None

Hull Data:

Structure: 10
    Size/Decks: 2/NA
    Length/Height/Beam: 19/5.5/14.6
    Complement: 1 Pilot only

Operational Data:

Atmosphere Capable: No
    Cargo Units: 0
    Life Support: None*
    Operations System: Class 2 (C)
    Sensor Systems: Class 3 (+3/D)
    Tractor Beam: None
    Transporter: 1 Emergency

Tactical Data:

Beam Weapons: Type VI Pulse Variant (x1/A)
    Penetration: 4/2/1/0/0
    Torpedo Launchers: Mk 25 Micro (A)**/***
    Missile Penetration: 2/2/2/2/0
    Quantum Penetration: 3/3/3/3/0
    Defensive Systems: FSQ-2 (CC)
    Protection/Threshold 14/1

Miscellaneous Data:

Maneuver: -1C, +4H, +1T
    Traits: Pulse upgrade, Monatanium Plating, Nimble

* No life support, pilot MUST wear an environment suit (no modifier to PHYS actions relating to the operation of the craft due to direct link commands and voice commands) when piloting this vessel.

** Quantum torpedo payload needs to be specified by pilot (with command approval) prior to launch.

*** The craft has a limited capacity of 10 torpedos. These can be a mixture of Photon and Quantum warheads if necessary.

Let me know what you guys think and any improvements would be gratefully received.
    Last edited by JonA; 05-13-2003 at 10:52 AM.
    We have all your working biros and we're not afraid to use them.

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Cool

nice work but you do realize that your fighter has more torpedo firepower than the Vor'Cha?

Hadn't noticed that but yeah.

Which raises a question:

According to Starships a Mk25 Micro launcher has an offensive value of 1, added to the Type VI phaser which has an offensive value of 6. Combined this leads to a total offensive value of 7. According to the penetration table this means that my little quantum torpedos have a penetration of 4/4/4/4/4. Or do I work out the penetration value based on the offensive value of each individual weapon system? In which case 13 mark 95 torpedo launchers are required for the maximum penetration value of 13/13/13/13/13 to be reached (which don't seem right to me).

Can someone clarify?

Leave a box of used postit notes and a box of paperclips inside the filling cabinet and things won't get nasty.

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

Apologies, I have found my answer elsewhere on the board.

You work out penetration based upon the individual OV of the weapon system don't you?

So if you have 10 phaser banks you multiply the OV of the type of phaser system by 10 for the final OV then compare it on the Peneratration table.

I'll update my design.

Cheers

Yours,

The Office Gremlins

You work out penetration based upon the individual OV of the weapon system don't you?
    *best Ed McMahon voice* correct sir, yes

but you add the beam and missile OVs together for reliability.